Role: Claims Concierge
Location: Austin, TX
Hippo is modernizing home insurance by putting customers at the center of everything we do. We strive to provide them with nothing less than the best policies, best value & best customer service in the industry. And as if that wasnt enough, its really just the beginning. Hippos true ambition lies in helping prevent people from having problems with their homes to begin with. Because, at the end of the day, the best home insurance policy is the one you never have to use.
This approach is clearly resonating with people. Hippo has grown 25% a month over the past year, has a customer satisfaction score of more than double the industry average & insures more than $50B in property value. Were looking for the very best talent in the world to help us continue to find new ways of fundamentally redefining the role insurance plays in peoples lives.
About This Role
At Hippo we are committed to going above & beyond the industry standard when it comes to customer service. The Claims Concierge is a vital part of that mission. This person will be an advocate to our customer throughout the lifecycle of their claim. They are centerstage when it comes to answering questions & coordinating with our team of Property Adjusters. The Claims Concierge listens to our customers needs & makes sure the claims process with Hippo is as painless as possible for them. They are also responsible for providing the business with feedback from our customers to continue to drive process improvements.
- You have many years of Property Claims experience & youre looking to focus solely on creating a positive customer service experience
- Youre an empathetic person by nature who is driven everyday by your ability to help people through difficult situations
- Excellent communicator with the ability to maintain composure when dealing with someone in an emergency situation. Be the calming, helpful, & stabilizing force.
- Intuitive enough to understand what someone is saying/needing even when they are not saying it in order to proactively solve problems for the customer
- This role will require weekend & after hours responses without supervision, there is flexibility with scheduling & the ability to work from home to balance out this expectation
- The Claims Concierge will be expected to proactively reach out to customers in times of peril this will require upwards of 750 calls/emails per month
- Work with the Property Adjusters & supervisors to get resolution for the insured while understanding the time constraints & deadlines the Property Adjuster is working under
- Assist in the development of customer facing initiatives & play a significant role in bringing them to fruition
- Work with vendors to assist the insured with housing, invoicing & securing reports
- Have a strong understanding of the overall Property Claims department & claims that are open, the types of claims in the inventory, & abilities of the adjusters.
- Serve as an extra lens to help the team be mindful red flags of fraud & be able to communicate to the adjuster/supervisor
- At least 5+ years of experience in Property Claims handling, this is an absolute must have
- Texas Adjusters License is required
- Self-motivated & directed; ability to collaborate is a must, but you will be autonomous & expected to succeed without heavy direction
- Ability to look at a Property Claims file & determine what is missing, what is needed to move it toward conclusion & the ability to communicate effectively to the adjuster/supervisor with the goal of assisting in a smooth process for the insured.
- Strong intellectual curiosity & a desire to help others solve problems
- Flexible & willing to do what is needed to get great work done
- A natural inclination to work within a culture that is fast-paced & dynamic
- Bachelors degree preferred
Compensation & Perks
- Fun offices located in downtown Austin, TX (Paid Parking!)
- Free catered lunch 3 days a week & a fully stocked kitchen!
- Flexible PTO
- Full-time salary based on experience & equity in a fast-growing startup
- Competitive benefits including 100% employer paid premiums for medical, dental, & vision for our employees AND their families
- Fun, start-up environment -- casual dress, events, etc.
Hippo is an equal opportunity employer, & we are committed to building a team culture that celebrates diversity & inclusion.
Hippos applicants are considered solely based on their qualifications, without regard to an applicants disability or need for accommodation. Any Hippo applicant who requires reasonable accommodations during the application process should contact the Hippos People Team to make the need for an accommodation known.