Common Purpose, Uncommon Opportunity. Everyone at Visa works with one goal in mind - making sure that Visa is the best way to pay & be paid, for everyone everywhere. This is our global vision & the common purpose that unites the entire Visa team. As a global payments technology company, tech is at the heart of what we do: Our VisaNet network processes over 13,000 transactions per second for people & businesses around the world, enabling them to use digital currency instead of cash & checks.
We are also global advocates for financial inclusion, working with partners around the world to help those who lack access to financial services join the global economy. Visa's sponsorships, including the Olympics & FIFA World Cup, celebrate teamwork, diversity, & excellence throughout the world.
If you have a passion to make a difference in the lives of people around the world, Visa offers an uncommon opportunity to build a strong, thriving career. Visa is fueled by our team of talented employees who continuously raise the bar on delivering the convenience & security of digital currency to people all over the world. Join our team & find out how Visa is everywhere you want to be.
Group Overview Part of the global Solutions org, Visa Innovation & Design is a global client facing organization that sets Visa's public innovation agenda, supports our clients accelerate their innovation agenda & transform their consumer digital experiences, & promotes hands on incubation & rapid prototyping to demonstrate the art of the possible for clients & partners. Innovation & Design runs innovation centers in various regional offices, this function focuses on Visa's CEMEA region.
Position Summary The Visa Innovation & Design group in CEMEA hosts & co-creates with a wide range of guests including Banks/Financial Institutions, Merchants, Technology Providers, the Fintech & Startup community. Operating out of the Dubai Innovation Center, Moscow Studio & the Sub-Saharan Africa (SSA), the team acts as the front of shop for Visa innovation engagements.The SSA team serves the needs of the large, fast-paced & strategically important Sub Saharan Africa market. It advocates Visa's innovation vision & priorities, understand clients & partners' needs & supports them in their innovation journey.
A key member of the Innovation & Design Leadership Team for CEMEA & reporting directly to the Head of Innovation for CEMEA & SSA Head of Products, this individual is the face of the Innovation of Visa in Sub Saharan Africa. The individual will be a key point of contact for clients, visitors, internal stakeholders who want to engage the Innovation & Design team's services. The individual will also run engagements with C-suite clients & partners, & play a key role in running the team's operations & P&L management.
The ideal candidate brings deep experience & reputation as an innovation thought leader, excellent client partner, a sterling people manager, & demonstrated results in bringing real innovations to market.
The ideal candidate brings a deep passion for technology & payments, a futurist view, the ability to understand & capture trends in their respective industries & a broad understanding of (or aptitude for) Visa's capabilities & assets. They bring excellent presentation & facilitation skills, & the ability to run high-impact client sessions. They also bring a strong operational background & interest, including project management, pipeline management, management reporting, event management & contracts. Experience in having run innovation centers, agile sprints & innovation consulting teams is a huge plus.The individual will also work with internal stakeholders to conceptualize & support the go-to-market of new solutions for the Sub Saharan African market. Lead the team & serve a leadership role in engagements with senior/executive level clients, across the various engagements types (from 30 minute demonstrations to multi-week co-creations).
The individual will also be business's key point of contact for requesting the SSA Innovation & Design team's services, & will own the team & project pipeline. This will also involve reporting the team & group's updates & projects to global & regional teams.He/she will work with minimal guidance in a fast paced, ambiguous work environment, & will have the ability to independently translate high level guidance into detailed deliverables. He/she will demonstrate good interpersonal skills & executive presence.
Reporting directly to the CEMEA Head of Innovation & SSA Head of Products, this individual is a key member of the regional Innovation team serving 92 countries. A key face of innovation' for C-suite clients, partners & internal stakeholders, the individual also helps define & execute operations. This individual also reports to the SSA Head of Products & is a key partner in local solution development.
INNOVATION PIPELINE & REVENUE MANAGEMENT
- Deliver against value-in-kind revenue targets, established in partnership with the Sub Saharan Africa leadership & CEMEA Innovation Leader
- Run the pipeline, engagement intake, & value-in-kind contract management: Serve as the key point of contact for the business to request Innovation & Design team projects & all events
- Establish a clear point of contact & intake process for anyone requesting Innovation & Design services
- Work closely with the regional Innovation & Design lead to establish a pipeline strategy & operating model
- Educate internal stakeholders on the SSA Innovation & Design offerings & intake process
- Ensure that 100% of engagements are taken in through a programmatic process
- Establish a pipeline review cadence & transparent process for intake & team allocation on projects
- Help the team achieve VIK (value-in-kind) targets by working with requestors to estimate, assign, & draw down VIK through the contracting & billing process
TEAM AND PORTFOLIO MANAGEMENT
- As a people leader, demonstrate excellent people management skills & aptitude
- Potentially manage direct reports & indirect reports working on project teams
- Groom junior talent on the team
- Establish an inclusive & collaborative culture
- Make the innovation & design team an employer of choice through a supportive & nurturing leadership style
- Collaborate with CEMEA Innovation Leader to standardize and evolve the SSA Innovation & Design offerings
- Establish clear reporting & transparency of SSA Innovation & Design team activities, including:
- Standardized reporting to product groups
- Specialized reporting such as monthly / quarterly newsletters to broader audience
- Annual reporting & ROI measurement
- Frequent updates to, & engagement with Sub Saharan Africa & CEMEA Innovation leadership
- Find additional ways to evangelize the work of innovation & design teams