theSkimm is a membership company dedicated to helping female millennials live smarter lives. By seamlessly integrating into our members existing routines, we've become a trusted brand to more than seven million people. We're fundamentally changing the way our members consume news, consider products or services, & take action on important things happening in their lives. Our flagship product, the Daily Skimm, is still the fastest growing email newsletter on the market, & we've grown our product suite to fit into other routines at home, work, & on-the-go. theSkimm App debuted at #1 in News in iTunes, our podcast "Skimm'd from The Couch" reached #1 in Apple Podcasts within hours of launching, & more than 200,000 people voted with us in the 2018 midterm elections.
As theSkimm grows, we're committed to helping our members tackle big decision-making moments in life by giving them the information they need to make informed & empowered choices whether that be in civic engagement, finance, career, health, & more. Founded in 2012 by two friends on a couch, we've since grown to over 75 employees based in NYC. We are passionate. We are a TEAM. We work hard, but we know when to take a break to enjoy each other's company. Our products help people live smarter lives & we're building a brand trusted by millions of female millennials across the country. Join us!
ABOUT THE TEAM AND ROLE
We're seeking a Talent Relations Associate to join theSkimm's PR & Communications team. Reporting to theSkimm's Senior Director of Public Relations, you'll be responsible for managing all talent booking & influencer relations at theSkimm, representing our brand & company to talent reps, influencers, celebrities, politicians, business leaders & VIPs. You'll also be responsible for working cross-functionally with our in-house Content, Studios, & Operations teams to propose & execute detailed & comprehensive talent relations strategies, & secure a robust booking pipeline across theSkimms audio, video, & social series & live events.
WHAT YOU'LL BE DOING
- Proactively brainstorm, pitch, & book talent for appearances & interviews for all audio, video, & social series (such as 'Skimmd from the Couch,' 'Sip 'n Skimm,' & 'Texting With') & live events (including 'Power Breakfasts' & Live Recordings). Think strategically & creatively to assist our team in identifying the best guests, partners, promoters as we develop new content & product.
- Develop strong working relationships with talent through detailed management of logistics & promotions, including but not limited to casting & booking, day-of coordinating, post-production promotion & influencer communications.
- Maintain internal booking content calendars & talent contacts across industries. Represent theSkimm & serve as our main point of contact with talent, influencers, & publicists across industries
- Implement best practices to engage, track, & manage projects, talent requests (outgoing & incoming), & opportunities
- Manage production & promotion for special projects (Such as 'How to Skimm Your Life')
WHAT WILL SET YOU UP FOR SUCCESS
- 4+ years of experience in talent relations, public relations, or production
- Excellent writer; confident & polished communicator
- Effective project management skills & ability to multi-task multiple priorities
- Ability to adapt to shifting priorities & remain calm & solutions-oriented under pressure
- Self-starter, independent, & a strong eye for details with superior organizational skills
- Bachelor's degree, preferably in Communication or Journalism
WHAT WILL SET YOU APART
- Passion for theSkimm's brand, products, & audience
- Rolodex of current contacts / Strong existing relationships with influencers, celebrities, politicians, etc.
- Experience with social media influencer strategy
- Event planning & management experience
- Medical, Dental, Vision, Life & Disability Insurances, starting on your first day!
- Competitive salary & equity packages
- A flexible vacation policy & generous holiday observances
- Biannual performance reviews aimed at rewarding & recognizing our diverse talents
- MassMutual 401(k) program
- Up to $400 in annual gym-membership reimbursement
- Collaborative office space with a mix of snacks, seltzer, caffeine & a pretty sweet roof deck
- Catered "Sipn Skimm" on Fridays - a time to walk through our week's highs & lows as a team, usually over food, coffee or La Croix
- Twice-monthly Skimme A Drink! happy hours - a time to wind down with friends over a beer, wine or fruity beverage
- The opportunity to be part of a friendly, hardworking & diverse group of people building a membership company that makes it easier to live smarter.
This is a full-time role based in New York, NY