Mark43s mission is to empower communities & their governments with new technologies that improve the safety & quality of life for all. We build powerful, scalable, & elegant software that sets a new standard for the tools upon which our first responders rely. Our users are diverse, & we are therefore committed to embracing diversity of thought & experience within our team.
Were seeking experienced & innovative software engineers to help build the next generation of cloud based law enforcement software. As a member of the Mark43 Platform team, youll take ownership of data pipelines & cross-product services such as authentication & authorization. Youll build robust server side solutions to our unique problems of scale, security, & reliability. We heavily leverage open source technologies like Java, MySQL, Redis, & Elasticsearch. As an engineer on the Platforms team, you'll have the freedom to implement your own solutions & have a meaningful impact on critical dataflows & developer productivity across the engineering organization. You will be working alongside a talented team of senior engineers to solve problems that involve deep knowledge of the underlying systems & close work with our DevOps team to implement.
What you can expect to work on:
- Improving & optimizing data pipelines that are critical to our scalability as a company
- Improving developer productivity & code lifecycles across the engineering organization
- Ensuring that our platform has industry-leading authentication & access controls that are both flexible & scalable
- Strengthening your programming skills with mentorship from senior engineers
What we expect from you:
- BA/BS degree in Computer Science or related technical field or equivalent practical experience.
- 2+ years professional experience with Java, .NET, or other server side languages & the ability to learn quickly.
- Familiarity with databases, automated testing, Agile methodologies
- Knowledge of RESTful APIs
- Ability to develop cooperative & collaborative relationships with your teammates
- Leaning in to contribute to the company outside your role - our engineers have written blog posts, attended events, & helped grow our team
- Self-motivated, passionate, & excited to dig in deep on highly technical engineering challenges
- Passion for building the best software for law enforcement.
What you can expect from us:
- Mentorship from more experienced team members
- Opportunities to learn & grow personally & professionally
- Building mission critical & socially responsible software to empower communities
- A workplace dedicated to supporting & bettering law enforcement, first responders, & other government agencies via mission critical software products
- Working towards a worthwhile mission with a team of friendly & intelligent coworkers