WHO WE ARE
Braze delivers customer experiences across email, mobile, SMS, & web. Customers, including Seamless, HBO, Disney, Urban Outfitters, & Venmo, use the Braze platform to facilitate real-time experiences between brands & consumers in a more authentic & human way. And we do it at scale each month, tens of billions of messages are sent to a network of over 2 billion active users through Braze.
Need more proof? Braze was named a Leader in the Gartner Magic Quadrant for Mobile Marketing Platforms in 2019. The company has also been named on the Forbes Cloud 100 Magazines 2019 Best Places to Work, & Crain's 2019 Best Places to Work in NYC lists.
WHAT WE'RE LOOKING FOR
Were looking for a Senior Security Engineer to join our growing team in New York! The Security team at Braze is charged with the overall security of the entirety of mission-critical applications & the platforms they run on. We are a modern, cloud-first, SaaS application company with no classical legacy systems. We are operating at a very large scale & are constantly expanding our mature application stack. Due to the nature of our business, we have one of the most unique & exciting threat profiles in the private sector, defending a large amount of critical infrastructure depended on by our over 2 billion active users.
WHAT YOU'LL DO
As a Security Engineer at Braze you will work on a diverse set of projects, tasks, & problems focused around:
- Working with the Head of Security, DevOps team, & CTO to design & implement network & application security controls.
- Understanding complex, large scale production applications security needs & implementing them.
- Improving secure engineering practices in the engineering organization.
- Protecting Braze customer & employee data.
- Conducting regular security & risk assessments of Braze infrastructure.
- Assisting Braze's Sales & Legal departments with business-related security evaluations.
- Interfacing with other teams, & taking a leadership role in driving internal security & privacy initiatives.
- Interacting directly with the security community regarding vulnerabilities & threat intelligence.
- Effectively operating within the confines of scale to deploy customized & realistically effective solutions to protect Braze-specific applications & systems.
- Working with our compliance & privacy teams to ensure client expectations are met & exceeded.
WHO YOU ARE
You are a person who can enjoy translating complex attack vectors into plain English & show/teach people how to mitigate them. You enjoy trying to break things in order to make them better & more secure, & you are always keeping up with the forefront of security research & incorporating that research into your toolset.
As a Senior Security Engineer at Braze, you will be expected to have the following capabilities:
- 4+ years of experience working in a defensive information security capacity.
- A deep history of implementation & operation of security tooling.
- A track record of passion for independent security research.
- Ability to conduct lightweight offensive/discovery operations on your own or with a team.
- Ability to lead the coordination of resolution on a wide range of incidents.
- Understanding of Amazon Web Services & Azures native security controls.
- History of working with production containerization & orchestration tooling/workflows.
- Light knowledge of programming & scripting languages for the purpose of automation.
- Excellent communication skills with a history of successfully dealing with customers internally or externally.
WHAT WE OFFER
- Competitive compensation that includes equity
- Flexible time off policy to balance your work & life, including paid parental leave
- Free daily lunch in the office, including snacks & beverages
- Competitive medical, dental, & vision coverage for you & your dependents
- Collaborative, transparent, & fun loving office culture
If you are a California resident subject to the California Consumer Privacy Act, click here to understand how Braze processes your personal information & how you can exercise your rights.