What is Slice?
Pizza is at the heart of our communities. From birthday parties to gameday potlucks, lifes special moments are bettered by the craftsmanship & tradition found behind local pizzerias counters. Were here to make sure these iconic small businesses serve our communities for generations to come by giving them the digital tools & services commonly found at big chains. Can you imagine what a small mom & pop pizza shop could achieve with the resources of Dominos?
You will be joining a fast growing ML Data Science team for a leading marketplace technology start-up. In this role, you will develop & implement machine learning algorithms & personalization products from scratch that directly impact our customers. You will be partnering closely with our product, engineering & business stakeholders to open up new opportunities & accelerate the growth of the business. Your strong foundations in machine learning, statistics, & programming as well as exceptional communication & leadership skills will bring unique insights into our strategy. Your passion for solving problems & sense of urgency will fuel the success of the team.
What you will be doing
- Develop ML models to derive insights on customer behavior & inform product opportunities & strategy
- Partner with Product teams on developing product roadmaps & leveraging ML techniques to curate a better user experience & drive business results
- Work with Engineering teams to build the infrastructure & processes to productionize & iterate ML models
- Collaborate with other Data teams on solidifying the data foundation of Slice, including event logging, experimentation, data modeling etc
- Graduate degree in Computer Science, Mathematics, Operations Research or equivalent quantitative fields. PhD preferred
- 3+ years of industry experience in machine learning or data science using mainstream languages such as Python, Spark etc
- 3+ years practical experience delivering production deployed solutions
- 3+ years experience extract/transform/load large, structured data sets
- Experience in partnering with product & engineering teams in developing production-level code to deliver ML-backed product features
- Experience in search & recommendation product a plus
Slice powers independent pizzerias with the specialized technology, data insights, & shared services they need to serve todays digital-minded customers. This united network of pizzerias enables these small businesses to thrive against major corporate chains & form the nations largest marketplace for authentic pizza. Slice makes it easy for customers to order from their go-to shops & discover their next favorite.
Serial tech entrepreneur Ilir Sela started Slice to solve the digital challenges his familys New York City pizzerias faced. Today, the Slice team has grown to over 700+ across 5 offices globally. If youre ambitious, interested in growing your career, & hungry to join one of the fastest growing companies in tech, we may have a role for you. Check out a few awards weve recently won for our workplace & culture: Inc., Crain's, BuiltinNYC
Slice is an Equal Opportunity Employer & is committed to building an inclusive environment for people of all backgrounds & everyone is encouraged to apply. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, religion, disability, national origin, protected veteran status, age, or any other status protected by applicable national, federal, state, or local law.