What is BlockFi?
BlockFis mission is to provide liquidity, transparency & efficiency to digital financial markets by creating products that meet the needs of consumers & corporations across the globe. We build bridges between traditional finance & digital markets that enable growth for all participants.
Were a team of builders & strivers, proud to champion financial inclusivity & offer economic opportunities around the globe. We provide the same inclusivity to our team members. BlockFi is a place where diversity is celebrated, individuality is recognized, & every single team member is valued. We are changing the status quo to be the first financial company that people love, & we rely on our people to make it happen!
BlockFi is looking for a Strategic Finance Director to join our growing team!
About Your Team
The Strategy & Analytics Institutional Finance team works cross-functionally to i) oversee, advise, & provide financial planning to the Institutional team, which engages in lending, prop trading, & investing & ii) work cross-functionally with the rest of the Finance team, Operations, & the broader BlockFi team. We are seeking a strategic thinker with strategy, investment, & analytics experience to join our team.
To help evaluate new investment & lending opportunities in the Institutional team.
- Develop a deep understanding of existing Institutional business & key business drivers
- Understand & evaluate new investment & lending opportunities from a strategic, financial, & portfolio perspectives
- Support business development activities such as partnerships, strategic investments, and/or acquisitions
- Perform & maintain market research including valuation analyses on public & private crytpo-related companies to help evaluate opportunities & enhance decision-making
- Develop insights & recommendations from analyses to identify new opportunities for growth as well as optimizations to current business
- Drive implementation of approved opportunities within the Finance team & in cooperation with the Institutional, Operational, & other teams
- Create & maintain planning, budgeting, & forecasting for new & existing projects as well as for overall team financials
- Perform ad-hoc analyses & recommendation proactively & in response to Senior Management
- Hire & manage a team of direct reports
- At least two years of post-MBA management consulting experience at a top-tier consulting firm (or equivalent experience in strategy role within company)
- At least two years of buy-side investment or sell-side research experience ideally with knowledge of both lending & equities investments. Knowledge of derivatives products & crypto assets a plus.
- Experience with financial modeling & other types of ad-hoc analysis (e.g., opportunity sizing, ROI, sensitivity analyses)
- Ability to independently manage projects end-to-end for oneself & for direct reports
- Ability to go beyond the data & understand the so whats (i.e., translate findings into insights & actionable, data-driven recommendations while guiding direct reports through this process)
- Ability to communicate complex topics & recommendations in clear & concise reports, charts, & slides
- Strong teammate that works well with various functions across the organization
- Intellectual curiosity, & desire for personal & professional improvement
- Passion for financial services / fintech and/or crypto
We benefit from the great work our employees do each day. That is why we are committed to providing a variety of awesome benefits to help them live their best lives.
- Competitive salary because we value your experience & expertise
- Unlimited vacation / sick days or Flexible PTO & sick days because everyone deserves time for R&R
- Employer contribution towards health coverage (including vision & dental) because your physical health & well-being is important to us
- Various fringe benefits such as 401k, Parental Leave, FSA/HSA, & Employee Assistance Programs because health coverage is more than just choosing your yearly plan
- Flexible work environment because we are a geographically dispersed team & we believe in balance
- Pet insurance because all of your beloved family members should have coverage too
- Weekly lunch stipend because there is such a thing as a free lunch!
- A close-knit team of enthusiastic, collegial & driven people to work alongside in a highly meritocratic environment because teamwork makes the dreamwork
BlockFi has experienced incredible growth since our launch in August 2017. Our client base has grown to more than 225,000 (and counting), & the company now boasts more than $15 billion in assets on our platform. We recently completed a Series D funding round placing the company's valuation at $3 billion, & our team now has more than 500 people worldwide. We have established ourselves as a crypto market leader, & as we expand our product suite & geographic footprint, we expect our addressable market to grow exponentially.
BlockFi's leadership team has decades of experience in the traditional financial services & banking world, & we take a conservative approach to regulation that will position us well for sustainable long-term growth & expansion.
Our team is comprised of highly motivated professionals from diverse backgrounds. We are aiming to become the leading lender in crypto & are poised to redefine the global financial ecosystem for the better. In addition:
- BlockFi is one of the first companies to ever offer crypto-backed loans & the only company whose founding team has an institutional understanding of the debt capital markets & regulatory landscape in the U.S.
- $100 MM of Series A, B, & C funding led by Valar Ventures with participation from Susquehanna, Winklevoss Capital, Fidelity, Galaxy Digital, Akuna Capital, & Morgan Creek
- $350 MM of Series D funding led by Bain Capital Ventures, partners of DST Global, Pomp Investments & Tiger Global
- We are moving quickly & have already deployed substantial capital into the space, proving our ability to execute & capture customer demand