Lyfts mission is to improve peoples lives with the worlds best transportation. We care deeply about the people we work with & the communities we serve. To create the worlds best transportation, we start with our own team by creating an open, inclusive, & diverse organization.
Lyft is looking for a hands-on Bikeshare Planner to act as a central resource to more rapidly & cost effectively produce maps for growth planning, negotiations, & bikeshare station & marketing collateral.
If you share our vision for sustainable transportation that empowers local communities, reduces our environmental footprint & brings people together, wed love to meet you!
- Leverage data from bikeshare & scooter usage, internal tools, & demographic databases to develop GIS maps & visualizations
- Build & maintain GIS map reports, dashboards, & metrics that can be tracked on an ongoing basis to monitor performance
- Produce publication-quality maps for both internal & external stakeholders
- Field ad hoc requests from operations, marketing, & other functions to build custom analyses & maps as needed
- Independently field, synthesize, prioritize, & implement feedback from other Lyft functions to improve the utility of GIS functions
- Explore & facilitate the adoption & use of emerging GIS platforms & technologies as needed in the pursuit of improved GIS capabilities
- Ideate & generate new GIS insights without direction that you believe can & will assist in improving operations, strategy, & marketing decisions
- Create playbooks, metrics & plans to govern Lyft Bikes & Scooters GIS capabilities
- Performs other related duties, as directed
Experience & Skills:
- 2+ years of GIS experience (ArcGIS or QGIS)
- Proficiency in SQL
- Entrepreneurial mindset with a get-it-done attitude
- Quantitative by nature & obsessed with process improvement
- Able to translate technical GIS problems & solutions into business english & brainstorm solutions with non-technical teams
- Experience training others in GIS capabilities & use of outputs
- Experience prioritizing multiple high-urgency initiatives & managing stakeholders with competing priorities
- Experience working cross-functionally across large organizations
- Experience with Adobe Illustrator, InDesign, or Photoshop a plus
- Experience with urban transit & micro-mobility a strong plus
- Role is based in New York but minor travel possible
Lyft is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer that proudly pursues & hires a diverse workforce. Lyft does not make hiring or employment decisions on the basis of race, color, religion or religious belief, ethnic or national origin, nationality, sex, gender, gender-identity, sexual orientation, disability, age, military or veteran status, or any other basis protected by applicable local, state, or federal laws or prohibited by Company policy. Lyft also strives for a healthy & safe workplace & strictly prohibits harassment of any kind. Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance & other similar state laws & local ordinances, & its internal policy, Lyft will also consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest & conviction records.