Prognos is a NYC-based healthcare startup whose mission is to improve health by driving the best actions learned from the world's data. In order to achieve this goal we have curated the worlds largest clinical lab dataset --covering almost 200M patients in the US-- & are currently deploying cutting-edge technology for predicting disease at the earliest possible time.
The Mission of the Data Science team at Prognos is to develop, deploy & maintain AI/ML pipelines within all of Prognos products, addressing business-relevant problems in close collaboration with Engineering, Clinical & Product teams.
We are looking for a hands on (IC) Senior Data Scientist to join the team, & help us move this mission-critical task forward. This position will be focused on helping us learn about patient health from medical time series. Are you interested in applying cutting edge deep learning techniques to complex data? Do you want to work on interpretability & uncertainty quantification in deep learning? Then come work with us!
Candidates must have a degree in Computer Science, Statistics, Mathematics, Electrical Engineering or a related quantitative field; Masters or higher is preferred. At least 3 years of hands on machine learning (ML) experience with real world data is required.
Required Skills & Experience
- Strong statistical analysis background with a deep understanding of a variety of ML algorithms
- Thorough understanding of modern deep learning techniques.
- Ability to code a proof of concept in a short period of time (in a programming language of their choice)
- Willingness to stay abreast of & evaluate recent advances in machine learning
- Experience with relevant software tools, such as Python, PyTorch, Pyro, TensorFlow, Edward, Chainer, scikit-learn, statsmodels, and/or others. Youll be free to use whatever tools you feel are appropriate
- Experience with cloud-based services such as AWS, Databricks or GCP
- Comfortable extracting data using SQL, Apache Spark or other distributed compute engine
- Accustomed to working with git & shared codebases
- Extensive data cleaning & data manipulation experience
- Strong communication skills. Experience presenting findings to people who are not Data Scientists
- Ability to collaborate with the team & translate existing research into practical solutions & products
- Ability to build & maintain relationships with various collaborators across the company, & take ownership of data science projects
Preferred Skills & Experience
- Experience with Bayesian/probabilistic approaches to deep learning is a big plus
- Experience with complex, high dimensional, sparse time series data
- Experience with distributed deep learning
- Experience with healthcare data and/or insurance data a plus
Prognos Values & Culture
- Be Collaborative: Always do what is best for the client. Check your ego at the door. We deliver premium value at a premium price. Practice blameless problem solving. Create win/win solutions.
- Be Courageous: Do the right thing, always. Look at the facts & don't assume.
- Be Curious: Think big & start small. Be relentless about improvement. Be predictive. Be curious & always ask why
- Be Enthusiastic: Celebrate success. Be enthusiastic & positive. Let's have fun. Have purpose & believe in the greater good.
- Be Driven: Act with a sense of urgency. Take ownership & honor commitments. Either find a way or make one. Deliver results.
- Be a Superstar: Make quality personal. Deliver remarkable client service. Be better than your previous self. Go above & beyond.
- Our culture guide: http://bit.ly/2ISMzjl
Prognos is a healthcare AI company focused on predicting disease to drive decisions earlier in healthcare in collaboration with payers, Life Sciences & diagnostics companies. The Prognos Registry is the largest source of clinical diagnostics information in 40+ disease areas, with over 25B medical records for 200M patients. Prognos has 1000 extensive proprietary & learning clinical algorithms to enable earlier patient identification for enhanced treatment decision-making, risk management & quality improvement. The company is supported by a $42M investment from Safeguard Scientifics (NYSE: SFE), Merck Global Health Innovation Fund (GHIF), Cigna (CI), GIS Strategic Ventures, Hikma Ventures, Hermed Capital, & Maywic Select Investments. For more information, visit www.prognos.ai.
To improve health by driving the best actions learned from the worlds data
To prevail over disease & empower people everywhere to live life to the fullest
- Free FreshDirect food, snacks, drinks, etc. delivered to the NYC office weekly
- Flexible work arrangements & unlimited PTO
- Monthly Happy Hours with Leadership
- Some of our benefits include: Health Insurance, Life Insurance, Short Term & Long Term Disability, Dental, Vision, 401k, HSA, FSA, Dependent care flexible spending, commuter benefits, free access to One Medical Group, Gym discounts, flexible work hours & locations, access to the WeWork network, a Health Advocate, Employee Stock Option Plan, & more