At Squarespace, we empower people with creative ideas to succeed.
That means delivering beautiful software products to our customers. Technical Program Managers (TPMs) contribute to that mission by making shipping software easier & more predictable.
We are looking for a TPM to partner with our Security Engineering & Governance, Risk, & Compliance (GRC) teams to support their daily operations & long-term planning.
The Security Engineering team is responsible for the security of Squarespace, its customers, employees & infrastructure. We combine data & analytics to respond to the ever changing threat landscape. We design & implement security products & tools to mitigate risk & provide more visibility. We work closely with teams across the company to enable them to operate in a secure manner.
The GRC team is responsible for guiding compliance framework implementation efforts throughout engineering. This includes, but is not limited to, SOX IT General Controls, PCI, HIPAA (for select products), & data privacy. Additionally, GRC manages the Squarespace vendor risk management process & collaborates with Security Engineering to define & implement security policies.
This role is for an individual contributor. It is located in New York & reports to the TPM Manager for Product, Infrastructure, & Security Engineering in New York. TPM is part of the Engineering department.
IN THIS ROLE YOU WILL
- Partner with engineers & other stakeholders across the company to prioritize, plan, & deliver Security Engineering projects & GRC initiatives
- Understand the strategic vision for Squarespaces business & use this information to create a technical roadmap & corresponding project scopes
- Coach the Security Engineering team to run short-term planning sessions self-sufficiently & collaborate with Security & GRC leadership to drive the teams long-term planning
- Get to know our product & technology stack in detail so you can speak fluently to project stakeholders & effectively identify & mitigate risks, dependencies, & blockers
- Lead delivery of cross-functional projects throughout all lifecycle phases (initiation, scoping, execution, release), change & risk management, & ongoing product maintenance
- Partner with Engineering Leadership & stakeholders across the company to identify opportunities for process & product optimizations
- Be the point of contact for project communication regarding status, schedule, & scope updates
- Track & mitigate risks, dependencies, & blockers
WHAT WE'RE LOOKING FOR
- Audience-centric, clear, & effective communication
- Proven track record of delivering cross-functional projects
- General understanding of web application & corporate security
- General understanding of GRC processes & principles
- Firm understanding of technical architecture at previous companies
- Expertise in project management tools, such as Atlassian suite (JIRA, Confluence), & G Suite
- Ability to efficiently & effectively troubleshoot ambiguous challenges
- Independent thinking combined with the ability to react quickly, challenge ideas, & work autonomously
- Strong commitment to fostering a culture of inclusion, collaboration, & trust
IN YOUR FIRST THREE MONTHS, YOU WILL
- Get to know your role & team members through 1:1 & team meetings
- Shadow your stakeholders
- Work with your stakeholders & partners in Engineering, Legal, Finance, & others to build delivery schedules & roadmaps
- Learn the technical architecture of our technology system & apply that knowledge in scoping of new projects
- Define your technical program & its direction in a program charter
- Build a confident & comfortable relationship with leadership members of your teams
- Establish a cadence for project documentation updates with your project team & stakeholders
- Contribute to the larger TPM team with ideas on how to improve planning & delivery, & presenting a knowledge share on a relevant topic
- Begin drafting your career development plan with your manager
- Begin contributing to Squarespace culture in ways meaningful to you, e.g. Employee Resource Groups, planning or attending team events, joining Game Night, etc.
WORKING AS A TPM AT SQUARESPACE
TPMs at Squarespace make shipping software easier & more predictable by driving for transparency & clear communication, working collaboratively, being radically candid, & leaving our ego at the door. We treat process & tools not as an end, but as the means to reach business goals & empower our customers. We lift each other up & provide equal opportunities for growth.
- Recruiter screen (phone)
- Initial TPM screen for TPM fundamentals & team fit (phone)
- Writing sample & review (phone)
- On-site interviews (1:1 interviews & TPM workshop)
Squarespace makes beautiful products to help people with creative ideas succeed. By blending elegant design & sophisticated engineering, we empower millions of people from individuals & local artists to entrepreneurs shaping the worlds most iconic businesses to share their stories with the world. Squarespaces team of more than 800 is headquartered in downtown New York City, with offices in Dublin & Portland. For more information, visit www.squarespace.com/about.
- Health insurance with 100% premium covered
- Flexible vacation & paid time off
- Up to 18 weeks of parental leave
- Equity plan
- 401(k) plan with employer match
- Free lunch & snacks
- Squarespace sends members of the engineering team to speak at & attend the most relevant & impactful conferences throughout the year
- Dog-friendly workplace
- Gender Affirmation Surgery
- Education reimbursement
Today, more than a million people around the globe use Squarespace to share different perspectives & experiences with the world. Not only do we embrace & celebrate the diversity of our customer base, but we also strive for the same in our employees. At Squarespace, we are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender, gender identity or expression, or veteran status. We are proud to be an equal opportunity workplace.
*Thank you to our friends at Awaken for inspiring the structure of this job description.