At Teachers Pay Teachers (TpT), we're unlocking the power of educator-created content. TpT gives educators access to a trusted, one-of-a-kind community. We are the world's first marketplace of our kind & founded by a teacher, for teachers as the go-to platform for teacher-created content for nearly 15 years. We are currently serving more than 7.5 million users & more than 85% of U.S. teachers. TpT is focused on building the next generation of e-learning experiences for millions of students & teachers across the world. If you haven't heard of TpT yet & want to learn more, just ask any teacher!
Who we are looking for:
Were a team of good people doing great things. We listen first. We love our work. And we are all teachers & learners in whatever we do. We believe that productivity is never an accident. Its the result of a commitment to excellence, intelligent planning, passionate teamwork, & focused effort. We want every day to be fun & to matter.
As the Communications Manager, you will work closely with our VP, Communications to build the reputation of TpT, our products, & our unmatched community of educators. Youll help build our Communications strategy & position TpT at the forefront of trends in education. The ideal candidate is a strategic storyteller & an exceptional writer; skilled at pitching the media; & comfortable interacting with a wide range of stakeholders, from educators to reporters to executives.
- Contribute to TpTs communications strategy to establish the company & its content creators as innovators & influencers in the education industry
- Create & pitch compelling narratives, uncovering differentiated media angles that will have a direct impact on TpT business objectives
- Create & execute a communications calendar that aligns launches, initiatives, & corporate milestones with PR opportunities
- Develop & train spokespeople, & manage press opportunities & speaking engagements for executives
- Build relationships with external advocates, including TpT Teacher Authors
- Serve as a company spokesperson as needed
- Manage thought leadership strategy, including monitoring high visibility & business-building awards programs & managing company entries
- Serve as a strategic partner to senior leadership on internal communications to support employee engagement & retention
- 5-7 years experience in-house or at an agency (a combination of both is preferred)
- Proven experience in managing strategic communications, media relations, & outreach programs to advance a companys mission
- Crisis communications experience required
Qualities for a successful candidate:
- Exceptional written & oral communication & interpersonal skills
- A knack for storytelling & creating compelling narratives
- Possesses a level of passion & creativity that inspires people
- Appreciates feedback & values honest, thoughtful critique
- Is a data-driven, results-oriented team player
- Experience working in technology & education
- Comfortable with taking risk
Benefits & Perks:
At TpT, we believe the positive experience of employees is essential to growth, both individually & collectively. To achieve our mission of Empowering Educators to Teach at Their Best, we must also empower the members of our TpT Team to work at their best. To that end, two of our core company values are We Learn & Grow Together & We Enjoy the Journey. Weve committed to these values & to our employees through investing in added benefits & perks:
- Comprehensive Medical, Vision & Dental Benefits
- Free Telemedicine Membership - 24/7 access to trusted medical advisors
- Generous PTO & Wellness Days
- 5 Week Recharge Leave after 5 Years, to refresh & celebrate the impact youve had at TpT
- Generous Parental Leave (for new parents) for time to adjust to parenthood, plus additional six weeks for the birth parent
- Onsite Mothers Room
- Employee Resource Groups (ERGs) to promote employee inclusivity & belonging
- Engineering Learning Fridays (ELF), to provide a space each week for Engineering teams to collaborate & learn from each other
- Professional Development Stipend, to support the professional growth of employees (including - but not limited to - subscriptions, books, lectures, etc.)
- Annual Company Events (Camp TpT, Field Day, Hackathons, Holiday Party, Summer Picnic, Classroom Visits, etc.)
Here at TpT we value Diversity & Inclusion & encourage people to bring their most authentic selves to work. We cultivate an environment where people are recognized & celebrated for their individuality.
Any TpT applicant who requires reasonable accommodations during the interview process should contact the TpT People Ops Team (firstname.lastname@example.org) to make the need for an accommodation known.
Finally, if youre a California resident, California law requires that we provide you notice about the collection & use of your personal information. We encourage you to read it carefully. You can find our full notice here.