The Enterprise IT team is seeking a Manager, DevOps to to build & scale our enterprise infrastructure & tooling. The ideal candidate is passionate about running a great team, excited about automation & clean code. You should have a DevOps or SRE background, & an ability to understand the tradeoffs needed to achieve reliable & secure infrastructure & tooling.
About the Role:
You will build & lead a team of engineers running internal services & building tooling. As a manager, you will be expected to help recruit & grow your team to meet the needs of a rapidly scaling engineering organization. You will drive initiatives to modernize & containerize our infrastructure as we continue a migration to Kubernetes. We are looking to expand our existing automation & build more tools. You will partner with engineers inside & outside of EIT to help expand our environment, improve reliability & security.
You will want to work with us if youre passionate about building awesome things & help build & lead amazing teams.
- Grow a high quality engineering team through recruiting, coaching, & mentoring engineers & by holding a high quality bar for your teams work.
- Establish & maintain metrics to manage the availability of services & KPIs to manage your teams performance.
- Drive outcomes with other groups & leaders inside our team working on efforts including our deployment platforms (Kubernetes/EC2/Lambda), production reliability engineering, & security.
- Own & operate critical internal services like Jenkins, Artifactory, & Gradle enterprise & build a roadmap to improve & expand needed internal services.
- Own & improve developer tooling with an eye towards self service, reliability, & developer efficiency.
- Build, maintain, & improve automation that manages our infrastructure as code.
- Exemplify our core values of putting members first, operating with a bias for action, empowering teams of smart creatives, & embracing a together we go far mentality.
- 5+ years of building, running & caring about teams of engineers, Platform, Site Reliability Engineering or DevOps teams strongly preferred.
- 5+ years of experience with enterprise infrastructure architecture
- Experience capacity planning
- Ability to drive technical decision making through objectively assessing trade offs based on architecture, scope, business priorities, & impacts to product experience.
- Experience programming in a language like Python, Golang, Java. You may not code daily but should have the ability to hold a code quality bar on your team.
- 3-5+ years of experience working with configuration management tooling (Chef, Puppet, Ansible)
- 3-5+ years of experience with Amazon Web Services & infrastructure as code, terraform strongly preferred.
- Basic knowledge of Networking is essential
- Bachelor's or Masters degree in an engineering field (e.g. Computer Science, Electrical Engineering, etc) a strong plus - however we welcome those with a diverse background & experience.
Founded in 2012, Peloton is a global interactive fitness platform that brings the energy & benefits of studio-style workouts to the convenience & comfort of home. We use technology & design to bring our Members immersive content through the Peloton Bike, the Peloton Tread, & Peloton Digital, which provide comprehensive, socially-connected fitness offerings anytime, anywhere. We believe in taking risks & challenging the status quo by continuously innovating & improving. Our team is made up of passionate brand ambassadors, & we know that together, we go far.
Headquartered in New York City, with offices, warehouses & retail showrooms in the US, UK & Canada, Peloton is changing the way people get fit. Peloton has been named to many prestigious industry lists, including Fast Company's Most Innovative Companies, CNBC's Disruptor 50, Crain's New York Business' Tech25 & Fast50, as well as TIME's Genius Companies. Visit www.onepeloton.com/careers to learn more about joining our team.