Rent the Runway is transforming the way modern women get dressed & disrupting the $2.4 trillion fashion industry by pioneering dynamic ownership & enabling women to rent, subscribe to & purchase secondhand clothing. Founded in 2009 with a vision to build the worlds first living closet, RTR believes that women everywhere will soon have a subscription to fashion. By creating a new model of dynamic ownership rooted in sustainability, RTR has made apparel rental an indispensable utility while also powering women to feel their best every day. RTR offers apparel, accessories & home decor from over 700 designer partners & has built in-house proprietary technology & a one-of-a-kind reverse logistics operation. Under CEO & Co-Founder Jennifer Hymans leadership, Rent the Runway has been named to CNBCs Disruptor 50 five times in ten years, & has been placed on Fast Companys Most Innovative Companies list multiple times.
About the Team:
Data is core to our growing business & has been ingrained in the company's DNA since its founding. The Data Science team is the engine that powers our data-driven culture. We extract meaning from RTRs many, rich customer interactions & partner with decision makers across the company to turn insights into actions. Our team of well-rounded data scientists manages data models, defines & analyzes performance metrics, builds reporting, runs A/B experiments, & develops statistical models.
About the Job:
We are looking for a Data Scientist on our Consumer Analytics team to scale & up-level the companys approach to business projections & financial modeling & analysis. In this role you will embed with partners in Finance to close data visibility gaps, add automation & reproducibility to routine analyses, & contribute novel, statistical approaches to key business & financial modeling exercises. You will tackle a broad range of topics, including growth, retention, inventory management, & operations.
What Youll Do:
- Serve as the Data Science ambassador to the Finance org, bringing programming & statistics horsepower to execute against financial objectives
- Provide financial performance data for executive, board, & external investor audiences
- Develop a self-service financial data suite to streamline the collection of inputs to financial models & generation of ad-hoc reports
- Validate and/or refine model assumptions with statistical analysis & experimentation
- Build forecasts to support long-range operating plans
- Identify opportunities to leverage data science to improve existing models & analyses
- You have a Bachelors degree in Computer Science, Physics, Mathematics, Statistics, Finance, Economics, Technology, Business or related fields; advanced degrees and/or specializations a plus
- You have 3-5+ years experience in an analytics and/or data science role
- You have experience coding in statistical or scripting computer languages such as Python or R
- You have high proficiency using relational databases & writing queries in SQL
- You have familiarity with basic financial concepts (EBITDA, ROI, DCF, etc.)
- You have experience with consumer, subscription, and/or eCommerce data is highly preferred
- You have experience with business intelligence tools such as Tableau or Looker
- You have a track record of building strong relationships with cross-functional partners
- Youre able to communicate effectively with a wide-range of audiences
- Youre able to quickly learn new tools & data analysis methods
- You have a passion for data & its fundamental ability to create value
- Youre extremely curious & excited to dive into complex problems
At Rent the Runway, were committed to the happiness & wellbeing of our employees, & aim to create a workplace that fosters both personal & professional growth. Our inclusive benefits include, but are not limited to:
- Generous Paid Time Off including vacation, paid bereavement, & family sick leave - every employee needs time to take care of themselves & their family.
- Universal Paid Parental Leave for both parents + flexible return to work program - because we know your newest family member(s) deserve your undivided attention.
- Paid Sabbatical after 5 years of continuous service - Unplug, recharge, & have some fun!
- Exclusive employee subscription & rental discounts - to ensure you experience the magic of renting the runway (and give us valued feedback!).
- Comprehensive health, vision, dental, FSA & dependent care from day 1 of employment - Your health comes first & weve got you covered.
- Industry leading 401k match - an investment in your future.
- Company wide events & outings - our team spirit is no joke - we know how to have fun!
- Flexibility Policy - when our corporate employees return to the office post COVID they will have the option to work remotely 2-3 days a week.
Rent the Runway is an equal opportunity employer. In accordance with applicable law, we prohibit discrimination against any applicant or employee based on any legally-recognized basis, including, but not limited to: race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy, lactation, childbirth or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity, age (40 & over), national origin or ancestry, citizenship status, physical or mental disability, genetic information (including testing & characteristics), veteran status, uniformed servicemember status or any other status protected by federal, state or local law.