Company Description|Job Description
Have you ever worked for a company that actually wanted you to bring your whole self to work every single day?
Tradeshift is a unicorn in the fintech industry. We are disrupting a typically stagnant environment by connecting companies of all sizes & providing them with the platform & network needed to create value from old processes like procurement, invoicing, payments, & workflow. We recognize that business is both messy & social - two revelations that have driven the development of Tradeshift, a platform for all your business interactions.
We're looking for candidates with a strong engineering background looking to take on the challenges that accompany securing an open app platform that handles hundreds of billions of transactions annually.
We believe in an integrated approach to application security & that prevention is better than a cure. We also believe that communication skills & the ability to help others can amplify the impact of an engineer 10x. We take security very seriously & work very hard to include it throughout our software lifecycle from the design process all the way through how we operate the platform.
You will perform security-related architecture & code design & implementation reviews. Automate to improve the abilities of other engineers to develop & maintain secure code. Find & remediate security flaws across the software stack. Coordinate with researchers on our bug bounty program to close exposed vulnerabilities. Consult across teams on secure architecture design & implementations. Train other developers to help them build more secure products
What a day is like:
Propose, evaluate & build innovative new security features to benefit our users. Assist with security incident response as needed. Be a security evangelist across all of Tradeshift.Work with external pen testers to continually improve security on the platform.
You're perfect for this role if you:
Have a great communication skills to help build a strong security culture. Deep proficiency in Java development including Groovy & Grails.
These are a must:
- 4+ years of development experience engineering web-facing systems
- Expertise in conducting design reviews & remediating security issues in existing code
- Ability to help resolve flaws & errors in an empathetic manner
- Solid foundation in web application security including node.js applications
- Experience with penetration testing against applications
- Experience working with sensitive data like credit cards & other PII
- Proficiency in implementing sandboxing solutions
- BS (+) in Computer Science or a related technical field/equivalent experience
Our Bucharest office is full of rebels - people who like to challenge the status quo. We're a fun group always looking for ways to make an impact & we enjoy the freedom & autonomy we are allowed in our jobs.
Our culture began day one when three Danes poured their brains, heart, & guts into creating a platform that could connect every business in the world. We expect each employee to approach their work with the same amount of pride & passion. One day you might find us having a ping pong matchin the middle of the work day, & then you'll find us handing off projects to colleagues in different time zones so we can continue progress around the clock.
TradeShifters come from various backgrounds & nations, & we all thrive off challenging the status quo. We take pride in nurturing employee happiness, encouraging personal development, & welcoming teammates from all walks of life.
We value diversity & we do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, colour, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Why you might like working here:
- You love autonomy & the freedom to get your work done how you want
- You like sharing your opinions & feeling like they matter
- You want to work for a company that requires you to bring your whole self to work every day: brains, heart, & guts.
- Ambitious international startup, & agile environment in Bucharest, Romania
- Competitive compensation package
- Career & professional development opportunities (workshops, trainings etc.)
- Trips to design-camps for working with & learning from professionals in other countries
- Flexible work hours
- Company laptop provided
- Medical Subscription
- Meal tickets of 15 lei value for each working day
- Free drinks & snacks daily, fresh fruits every Monday & Wednesday
- Safe outdoor bike parking spot
- Access to Bookster
- Friendly & relaxed working atmosphere
- Relaxing spots, games - ping pong, board games
- Fun team-bonding events such as Team Camps, Hack-a-thons, Game & Field Days,
- Welcome Breakfast, Happy Hours, Birthdays Celebrations & more!