Forget what youve heard about breaking into the industry.
At Critical Mass, your inexperience is an opportunity. Learn from the best in the business, work with real clients, & grow with a company thats committed to seeing you thrive. Our Trailhead program is the start of something epic.
This is your chance at a full-time permanent role at Critical Mass. During your initial 12-weeks, you will embark on a custom-built learning journey to understand what we do, who we are, & how we make award-winning work with our clients. You will attend exclusive skill-building sessions spanning professional development, leadership, innovation, & diversity & inclusion. Plus, youll have the opportunity to attend offsite socials, masterclass workshops, & guest speaker events with the rest of your Trailhead cohort.
Our goal is to integrate you into the amazing work we do here at Critical Mass, & support you as part of the team so you can grow your career with us! Who are we? We're Honest, Inspired, Driven, Purposeful, Real & Equal.
Our Winter 2023 Trailhead Cohort commences January 17, 2023.
As an Associate User Experience (UX) Designer, you determine the user experience of our clients digital products. Youre driven by a passion for designing experiences that display empathy for end-users & help our clients achieve their business goals.
Organizing content, developing information architectures, documenting scenarios & use cases, & delivering detailed wireframes & functional specifications is your day-to-day. Most importantly, you produce a variety of design solutions for a given problem & own the execution of key deliverables during the product development process.
- Receive high-level direction & produce detailed wireframes, visual compositions, & prototypes to communicate design intent & action upon client & user feedback.
- Draw insights from data provided by web analytics & research studies & turn those insights into tangible design solutions
- Collaborate with internal & external engineering teams on all the details that make an experience delightful, through the creation & maintenance of design systems or design languages, documentation, & interaction specifications.
- Manage time effectively & execute according to commitments.
- Focus on growing as a designer, soaking up the art of how to effectively sell design, learning how to use a variety of tools, practices, processes, & where they fit into the workflow
- Bachelor's degree preferred, with multidisciplinary background such as psychology, computer science, information sciences, human/computer interface design or commerce/business.
- Strong portfolio of work demonstrating creative thinking, problem solving, process, & quality.
- Effective communication skills, both orally & in a variety of written & diagrammatic forms.
- Proven interpersonal skills, client relation skills, & ability to work in a team environment.
- Ability to provide examples of creative thinking & solving challenges with intuitive & engaging design solutions.
- Thorough, detail-oriented, & highly organized working style with the ability to multi-task & meet tight deadlines.
- Flexibility & adaptability to faced-paced & changing environments.
- High proficiency in the use of tools such as Sketch, Omnigraffle, InVision, Principle, & Axure as well as Keynote, Powerpoint, & Adobe Creative Suite.
- Familiarity & experience working with WCAG 2.0 A/AA standards.
Critical Mass Hybrid Work Expectation for the Trailhead Talent:
The Talent Team at Critical Mass is focused on ensuring we provide the best training, on-boarding, & employee experience possible! Our Trailhead Talent are the future of our organization & we want to set you up for long-term success. In effort to do so, wed like to establish the expectation that you plan to work from an office on Tuesdays & Thursdays. The ask stems from our want to:
- Strengthen opportunity for continuous learning
- Improve collaboration & team relationships
- Increase employee engagement
This hybrid model balances the need for individual flexibility while maintaining the relentless customer focus we provide at CM. We understand that not everyone may feel comfortable with this expectation so we ask that you please let us know immediately if there are any concerns so we can help navigate accordingly.
If you have questions you can email: email@example.com.
Critical Mass is an equal opportunity employer that is committed to diversity & inclusion in the workplace. We do not tolerate discrimination on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. If you are an individual with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please reach out to firstname.lastname@example.org.