The Appian People Operations & Payroll Team is seeking a Senior Payroll Specialist to support the exciting growth we're experiencing. We're looking for someone to support our US & International Payroll operations.
Are you a highly organized team player with the ability to work in a fast paced environment while maintaining special attention to detail? Do you have a passion for process improvement that allows you to make necessary changes that sets your team up for success? This could be the job for you!
Duties may include & are not limited to data entry, processing payroll, performing reconciliations, audits, analyzing tax problems, maintaining controls necessary to meet all regulations, & general support. This position is based out of our corporate headquarters in McLean, VA.
- Support & maintain all aspects of the payroll tax function including year end W2 processing.
- Review Master Tax data on a daily, weekly, monthly & quarterly basis, performing reconciliations & coordinating resolutions for any discrepancies.
- Assist compliance with statutory reporting & filing requirements (e.g., payroll taxes, Federal, State & local taxes including, W2s, W3s, & state equivalents).
- Liaise with federal, state & local tax authorities as necessary.
- Assist with the semimonthly US payroll processes as well as any off-cycle processes.
- Perform cyclical audits & reconciliations of the payroll processes.
- Coordinate tax related adjustments & returns with payroll provider.
- Provide global payroll processing backup support.
- Maintain compliance procedures.
- Manage employee work locations & respective state & local tax profiles.
- Assist with 3rd Party vendor files & payments.
- Provide support for payroll implementations & integrations.
- Support stock compensation processing globally.
- Assist to identify & implement enhancements & controls around processes in HRIS & payroll systems.
- Provide exceptional customer service & support to internal & external partners.
- Assist in documenting process procedures.
- Maintain professional & technical job knowledge by attending seminars, workshops, & maintaining professional networks & contacts.
- 5+ years US payroll with strong payroll tax experience required.
- Global payroll is a plus.
- Certified payroll professional certification is a plus.
- Excellent working knowledge of federal, state, & local tax withholdings laws & regulations.
- Strong interpersonal & written/verbal communication skills.
- Ability to handle highly sensitive & confidential employee information in a professional manner.
- Strong ability in analyzing tax problems, maintaining controls necessary to meet all regulations.
- Proven abilities to support a dynamic & evolving working environment.
- Strong process execution & advanced analytical skills for process support & reconciliations.
Appian helps organizations build apps & workflows rapidly, with a low-code automation platform. Combining people, technologies, & data in a single workflow, Appian can help companies maximize their resources & improve business results. Many of the worlds largest organizations use Appian applications to improve customer experience, achieve operational excellence, & simplify global risk management & compliance. Our employees create opportunities to drive hands-on impact both with our customers & throughout the organization, which creates an environment where meaningful work is met with career growth & opportunity. As a result, we are proud to have been recognized as a Washington Post Top Workplace for seven consecutive years. Simply put, we are changing the way businesses operate & our employees are to thank for Appians success.
Appian Corporation is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religion, national origin, disability, protected Veteran status, age, or any other characteristic protected by law. Further, Appian will not discriminate against applicants for inquiring about, discussing or disclosing their pay or, in certain circumstances, the pay of their coworker, Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination.
If you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the employment process, please contact us by email at ReasonableAccommodations@appian.com and let us know the nature of your request & your contact information. Requests for accommodation will be considered on a case-by-case basis. Please note that only inquiries concerning a request for reasonable accommodation will be responded to from this email address.