Compass is streamlining the home buying & selling experience by building the single software platform for all real estate activities. Founded in 2012, Compass combines the best technology & personalized service to power all real estate activities in 100+ U.S. cities, all in service of our mission to help everyone find their place in the world.
At Compass, we have nearly 15,000 of the countrys top real estate agents who work with clients to help them buy, sell & rent homes. Compass is a Series G venture-backed company that raised over $1.5 billion in venture funds, & have grown to over 2,500 employees in the last 2 years.
Compass is looking for high energy, driven leaders with exceptional business acumen, authentic leadership qualities, strong organizational skills & natural sales instincts to hire, coach & lead a team within our Strategic Growth Organization.
You will be responsible for top-line-growth in your region through hiring, developing & coaching your direct reports on the Sales & Growth Team. Additionally, you will be expected to identify & execute against opportunities for upside & accelerated growth within your market.
- The team leader position plays a critical role in building the future of Compass & sets the tone for a high performing, motivated & productive Strategic Growth Team in their respective market.
- In its simplest form, the Strategic Growth teams role is to bring top producing agents to Compass by diagnosing the current state of each agents business with a consultative approach & presenting them with a tailored plan to help them solve for the current challenges they are facing today.
- Your team will look to you for guidance on all of the best practices for delivering a world class experience to all of the prospective agents. This includes, connecting with prospects, deep discovery, tailored presentations, strong negotiation & flawless closing.
- Executive leadership will rely on you to support our accelerated growth through hiring a team with best-in-class individuals who align to our core values & provide diversity to our ecosystem.
- Set local team strategy
- Lead & manage a Strategic Growth team to meet monthly goals: activity metrics, forecasted opportunities & revenue targets
- Build confidence & trust with direct reports as well as provide developmental feedback for continuous improvement
- Coach team members to develop their professional sales & other skills
- Collaborate well with other sales managers, directors & executives to aid the growth of the business
- Supervise & conduct training on skills improvement, product & technology topics
- Strong sales skills & ability to teach sourcing & sales strategies to new team members
- Maintain headcount via recruiting, interviewing, hiring & training new SGM's
- Maintain professional & technical knowledge of Compass ecosystem tools, resources & technology
- Demonstrate Compass core values & leadership traits
- Understand leadership training styles & apply to interactions with direct reports
What We're Looking For:
- Minimum of 8 years of sales experience, with a minimum of 2+ years in sales management.
- B.A. or B.S. required, MBA preferred
- Proven experience in a scaling environment & the ability to adapt to an evangelical sale.
- Self-starters with track records of excellence across strategic, operational, & detail-demanding functional responsibilities
- Past experience in managing direct reports & leading teams
- A coachable leader, whos willing & able to accept feedback
At Compass, our mission is to help everyone find their place in the world. This means we continually celebrate the diverse community of different individuals cultivate. As an equal opportunity employer, we stay true to our mission by ensuring that our place can be anyones place.