What are we looking for?
Conductor is seeking a seasoned product-minded engineer with extensive full-stack application architecture design experience to power the product development of a massive-scale SaaS application. This leader brings deep product software architecture & infrastructure expertise and partners with Product Management, Engineering, & Cloud teams to drive architecture & define, design, create, manage, & deploy highly scalable & available applications.
Reporting to the Chief Technology Officer of the company, this leader -
- Designs, develops, implements, & translates business requirements & the overall organizational application development strategy, including standards, principles, & workflows
- Collaborates with data scientists, platform & application engineers, product managers, UI/UX designers, & other stakeholders to define & execute product development
- Provides technical leadership to application engineering teams to implement secure, scalable, high-performance, & reliable SaaS application
- Embraces insights, innovation, & intelligence in the application to support rapid development & iteration of capabilities for our users
- Appreciates working across stacks in an organization without silos
- Is motivated to understand the challenges in the SEO space & has a passion for solving problems & not just delivering features
- Influences strategic thinking across the team. Advocates for best practices, investigates new technologies, & mentors other engineers.
The successful candidate must thrive in ambiguity with a strong decision-making capability along with a sense of accountability, leveraging a collaborative leadership style with a bias-to-action. The candidate must have a passion to solve hard problems with technical expertise & a growth-mindset, using strong engineering rigor & platform-driven operational skills to drive the desired outcomes across global teams. Conductor is poised for significant growth & this leader is a very important stakeholder in the next phase of our companys journey.
Who you are
- A hands-on software engineer with 10+ years in software development, including 6+ years as a SaaS application engineering technical leader building data-driven scalable & secure full-stack applications & systems powering intelligent applications.
- An expert in concepts, principles, & implementation of data models, design, integration, transformation, data management, shared components, & front-end & back-end frameworks.
- Solid foundation in algorithms & data structures
- Experience with large scale data analysis, data mining, & using AI/ML building solutions to solve customer problems.
- Knowledge of various relational (row-oriented & columnar) & non-relational (key value, document, graph, etc.) database technologies including database & storage services in open source & those provided by public cloud vendors such as AWS (preferred) & GCP.
- Deep knowledge & experience with architectures for modern data platforms, ETL pipelines, microservice & micro-frontend architecture, API design, & modern back-end & front-end frameworks.
- Understands processes, roles, policies, standards, & metrics that ensure the effective & efficient use of data/information, data privacy & confidentiality, & risks & mitigations.
- Extensive experience using cloud technologies, S3, RDS, Athena, Snowflake/ Redshift/ Bigquery, SQS, SNS, Kafka, other event queues, containers & orchestration (Docker, Kubernetes), storage, networking, & operating systems
- Understands modern approaches to CI/CD
- An expert in full-stack development, including Java & TypeScript programming languages. Experience with Java Spring framework or other IoC frameworks. Familiar with modern UI frameworks such as React/Vue/Angular.
- Proficiency with solution discovery & delivery using rapid prototyping, experimentation, & iterative development.
- Have a minimum of Bachelors degree in Computer Science, Mathematics, or a related field. Masters or PHD preferred.
- Have excellent verbal & written communication skills can communicate clear technical solutions to complex technical problems to both technical & non-technical audiences.
Our Engineering Core Values
- Design for the Future, Build for Today: Dont be limited by the present. Anticipate, architect, & design for the long-term so that we dont have to rework our software as we grow. But build for today in terms of quality & time to delivery.
- Be Product-Minded: By knowing our customers, we can build better products that empower them & help their customers. To be a great Organic MarTech engineer one must understand the organic marketing landscape.
- Innovate: Step up the game. Find new ways to solve problems. Influence the entire product. Deliver better value for our customers. Create moats for our competition. Enhance our companys brand, & enhance your own personal brand image.
- Optimize for Value: Great products focus on building value rather than chasing an artificial deadline. Embrace continuous planning that believes in delivering products when they are ready.
- Value Your Time: Think harder. Dont settle. Strive for better outcomes than the last time in the same amount of time. Automate away toil & spend your energy solving newer, bigger, more interesting problems.
- Be Biased to Build Right: How you create value is very important. Prefer open source over commercial products to invent/create value & accelerate delivery. Dependency on external products for value creation increases cost & risk, impedes innovation, & discounts value.
- Seek Challenges: Good engineers just solve problems. Great engineers also seek & define new challenges. Invention & value creation happens when engineers show curiosity & initiative, & participate in defining whats next.
- Embrace Change: When we maintain the status quo, we hold ourselves back. Have an open mind. Dont cling to existing processes, technical biases, etc. Try something new. We all learn & grow together.
Why You Should Join
Conductor is a People-First & Customer-First company. We are looking for engaged & passionate technology leaders that can raise the bar. We have built a highly collaborative culture of technical excellence with tremendous opportunity to have an immediate impact in the day-to-day life of our employees & customers & drive the company's success & growth. We all share the same values, innovate, & motivate each other to attain ambitious goals, & celebrate each others success.
We are made up of a diverse group of people from all backgrounds. Wherever you are from, you will find a common ground here to accelerate your career & make a difference in the organic marketing industry.
Conductor is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity & are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.
Conductors search & content intelligence platform helps marketers create & optimize content to improve visibility online.
The technology generates customer intent insights that lead to compelling content, increased traffic, & higher organic marketing ROI. Customizable dashboards & workflows guide marketers through the content creation process, empowering them to measure, refine, & demonstrate the effectiveness of their SEO & content marketing efforts.
In addition to its SaaS platform, Conductor offers a suite of services & support including site audits, site migrations, & managed services that empower in-house marketing teams & digital marketing agencies to drive results & put their customers' needs first.
Conductor's forward-thinking customers include leading global & emerging enterprise brands.
Compensation: Conductor maintains competitive, performance-based compensation programs.
The base salary range for this role is currently $142,600 - $225,00. The actual base salary offered may vary within this range based on education, knowledge, skills, abilities, relevant experience, internal equity, & geographic location, among other factors. The actual compensation, if offered a position, will be based on these factors.
Variable compensation: In addition to base salary, this role is also eligible for a discretionary annual bonus based on attainment of corporate revenue performance targets.
Benefits: Conductor offers the following attractive benefits & perks including: 100% covered employee medical plan, a dental & vision plans, 401(k) with employer contribution, an unlimited vacation policy, 10 sick days, short-term disability, long-term disability, generous paid parental leave, Employee assistance program, flexible savings accounts, paid holidays, life & accidental death insurance, & a host of perks (YOLO Months, internet/cell phone allowance, fully stacked kitchens, one-time home office stipend at hire, etc.).
Conductor is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity & are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees. Bringing in diverse perspectives & challenging our assumptions is the clear key to growth; it drives innovation, creativity, faster problem-solving, & stronger decision making. All aspects of employment including the decision to hire, promote, train, discipline, or discharge, will be based on merit, competence, performance, & business needs.
Conductor does not discriminate against any employee or applicant on the basis of race, color, ancestry, national origin, religion or religious creed, mental or physical disability, medical condition, genetic information, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, & related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, marital status, military or veteran status, or other characteristics protected by state or federal law or local ordinance. In addition, it is the policy of Conductor to provide reasonable accommodation to qualified employees who have protected disabilities to the extent required by applicable laws, regulations & ordinances where a particular employee works.