WeWork is the platform for creators, providing hundreds of thousands of members around the world with space, community, & services that enable them to do what they love & create their life's work. Our mission is to create a world where people work to make a life, not just a living, & our own team members are central to that goal.
WeWork is creating a layer of technology to power our vision of space as a service. From identifying & designing a new location, to bringing that space to market in an elastic, easy-to-consume way, to seamlessly operating these spaces to delight our members, we are building state-of-the-art systems to automate, optimize, & enhance the experience. The data we are collecting is being used to dynamically optimize utilization, pricing, even layout & form factor. This technology advantage has allowed WeWork to scale to 200+ buildings in 20+ countries & will be our competitive advantage as the company continues to grow.
About Revenue Optimization team
The mission of the Revenue Optimization team is focused on building the foundations for pricing/yield management & inventory optimizations through state-of-the-art analytics & predictive modeling. The group acts as an in-house consulting team analyzing data to define strategies & execute on initiatives that will maximize the revenue streams for WeWork.
Reporting into the Senior Director of Global Pricing Strategy, this role will apply deep analytical expertise & problem-solving skills to develop insights & recommendations around pricing & inventory optimization. This includes gathering & analyzing data, formulating & testing hypotheses, communicating insights & recommendations.
The ideal person for this role is highly analytical, thinks about problems in structured ways, passionate about capturing information to make recommendations for the business, & excellent at delivering actionable insights.
Key focus areas
- Scope, structure & execute analyses & models to support the various revenue optimization initiatives & shape our next generation of revenue management strategy (e.g., segmentation, acquisition costs)
- Effectively communicate findings & provide key insights & recommendations to our Revenue Optimization Leadership team
- Develop & automate revenue performance reports & dashboards by assembling various data sources & summarizing key insights
- BA/BS from a leading undergraduate institution with a major in a quantitative field (e.g., Engineering, Finance)
- 4+ years of professional experience doing quantitative data analysis
- Very strong analytical skills in data extraction, big data analytics / modeling & visualization: Expert in Excel / Tableau required; SQL, Python, & R are a plus
- Solid understanding of statistical analysis (e.g., hypothesis testing, predictive models)
- Strong problem solving-skills - ability to break a problem into components & understand how to test each component
- Data first philosophy but can also make decisions in ambiguous situations
- Ability to initiate & drive projects to completion with minimal guidance
- Excellent written & verbal communication skills; Ability to create meaningful presentation that tell a story, as well as collaborate with data & software engineers
- Strong work ethic, intellectual curiosity & attention to detail
We are an equal opportunity employer & value diversity in our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.