About your role:
The Director, Communications will be responsible for developing & driving an external, internal & executive communications strategy for Fandom. He/She will develop a strategy to improve B2B & B2C awareness & favorability for Fandom through press, speaking opportunities & smart partnerships/integrations. He/She will also play a key role in Fandoms culture initiatives, improving cross-company communication & collaboration. The Director will report to the CMO.
- Partner with product, content/programming, community, business development & sales to understand key initiatives & opportunities to strengthen Fandoms positioning & raise its profile both internally & externally
- Create a strategic plan for B2B communications, including tentpole integration opportunities, executive profiles, case studies, & research
- Fuel consumer brand exposure & awareness, bringing forward breakthrough moments key to Fandoms position & story
- Develop internal communications strategies & activities in coordination with Human Resources team, to connect key internal stakeholders & employees across the company
- Craft pitches, press releases & key talking points, owning the internal & external messaging around projects
- Build compelling press kits & collaborate with events team on stunts & special events
- Identify high visibility opportunities for the business & its senior leaders (e.g., events, conferences, awards etc.)
- Develop & cultivate close relationships with key editors, journalists & influencers at business, trade & consumer outlets
- Prioritize press/communications initiative based on jointly developed KPIs to ensure team delivers strong ROI for the business
- 10+ years of PR/communications experience in entertainment & media
- Strong relationships with B2B & B2C journalists/publications; proven success in securing top tier media coverage
- Ability to manage several projects simultaneously & prioritize according to ROI
- Strategic thinker & creative problem solver with excellent writing skills
- Passion for storytelling & being part of a growing brand
- Self-starter, who is proactive & highly collaborative
- Ability to foster strong relationships with executives & act as counsel on external & internal communication needs
- Good judgment & composure under pressure
- Trustworthy & able to keep highly sensitive information confidential
- Managerial experience
Benefits & Perks
Medical, dental, & vision benefits, company paid short-term & long-term disability, company paid life insurance, stock options, annual training budget per employee, pre-tax benefit options (including Flexible Spending Accounts, Healthcare Savings Accounts & Commuter Benefits), biweekly office lunches & periodic happy hours, full pantry complete with coffee, a variety of drinks, cookies & healthy food options, flexible working hours, international work environment with start-up culture & easily accessible by public transportation.
FANDOM is a global entertainment media brand powered by fan passion. The fan-trusted source in entertainment, FANDOM provides a home to explore, contribute to, & celebrate the world of pop culture. Whether looking for in-depth information on favorite fandoms or whats buzzing in entertainment, FANDOM has your pop culture curiosities covered through fan-expert knowledge & carefully curated & fun, original multi-platform content.
FANDOM has a global audience of almost 200 million monthly uniques & encompasses over 400,000 fan communities. We currently feature more than 55 million pages of content, inclusive of video.