Stack Overflow is the largest, most trusted online community for developers to learn, share their knowledge, & build their careers. More than 50 million professional & aspiring programmers visit Stack Overflow each month to help solve coding problems, develop new skills, & find job opportunities.
We partner with businesses to help them understand, hire, engage, & enable the world's developers. The products & services are focused on technical recruiting, developer marketing, and enterprise knowledge sharing. Our clientele includes Google, Microsoft, Bloomberg, & many other Fortune 500 names.
As a Director of Customer Success at Stack Overflow, youll work in tandem with multiple internal lead stakeholders to renew & grow business in our existing client base. The Director provides strategic guidance & advice to both CSMs & Account Managers on behalf of their customers of various sizes along key points of their customer journey. You want to be with a collaborative team where your experiences, effort & ideas will matter. Youre relaxed yet professional, eloquent yet casual, & pleasant yet persuasive. Most importantly, you want to believe in the product youre selling & take a personal interest in the growth of the organization.
What youll do:
- Manage a team of Customer Success Managers & Account Managers to guide them towards adoption & renewal goals
- Strong awareness of the customer journey & how to encourage action at key benchmarks (ie upsell, renewal, reference) during a customer's experience with Stack Overflow
- Instruct Customer Success Managers on methods to strategically advise customers toward agreed upon goals, developing customer growth strategies & signaling high potential customers
- Forecast & track key deployment & adoption metrics on behalf of the CUstomer Success & Account Management functions
- Be an account escalation point for adoption, renewal & support
- Collaborate with key internal & external stakeholders to enhance the Stack Overflow brand & suite of offerings
- Identify common customer challenges amongst your CSM cohort & their books of business to help identify opportunities for enhanced product solutions
- Partner cross-functionally with Stack Overflow Account Executive, Product, Engineering & Marketing teams to continuously improve the customer experience
- Ability to craft internal & customer-facing assets
What you'll need to have:
- 7+ years of SaaS account management or enterprise software experience with a demonstrated track record of success
- 4+ years of experience in a management role leading at least 4 or more team members in customer success and/or account management roles
- Knowledge of Customer Success best practices & key processes used in best-in-class CS organizations
- Experience developing project plans & delivering technology driven business transformations
- Outstanding communication skills across a customer lifecycle & stakeholder level (ie end users to C-level executives)
- Passion for customer success & creating a continuously improving experience via technology
- Depth of knowledge & keen familiarity with customer journeys & sales cycles in competitive markets
- Consistent track record of highly-professional customer service in a fast paced, dynamic environment.
- Ability to prioritize & multitask while maintaining diplomacy, tact, & poise under pressure when working through customer issues
- College degree (BA/BS)
- Experience with tools such as Salesforce & Gainsight, is a plus
What youll get in return: