As a Web Acquisition Engineering Manager, you will be primarily focused on managing a group of frontend/UI engineers working to craft elegant, intuitive, accessible, responsive & user-friendly interfaces & report to the Director, Acquisition Engineering.
- Staff & lead a frontend web engineering team responsible for the architecture & performance of our web applications.
- Motivate, lead, coach, & mentor frontend software engineers.
- Drive technical initiatives to build clean, robust, & performant web applications.
- Improve processes & collaboration within the team & across groups.
- Collaborate with cross-functional team members from Product, Design, Program Management & UX in order to deliver against quarterly & annual roadmap objectives
- Manage technical projects & provide leadership in an innovative & fast-paced environment.
- Establish a relationship with business stakeholders.
- Motivate & drive a continuous performance-based culture within the team. Provide adequate management support for the team in the form of team meetings, 1:1s & other forums as needed to support the group & individual development objectives of team members
- Establish team level KPIs to measure the effectiveness of your team & impact on acquisition metrics.
- Instill a culture of ownership, learning, automation, re-use, & engineering efficiency through the use of software design patterns & industry best practices.
- Identify cross-functional dependencies & remove blockers when needed across engineering, design, & product management.
- Achieve on-time delivery without compromising quality.
- Be able to get your hands dirty & contribute to the codebase.
- 8+ years of software development experience in frontend development. Demonstrable experience in having deployed applications commercially into production.
- 4+ years of leadership experience in technology management.
- Embraces an agile mindset & familiar with lean UX
- Deep knowledge of user experience & interaction design.
- Familiarity with a11y practices and/or Web Content Accessibility Guidelines (WCAG) 2.0.
- Excellent time management skills.
- Experience with internationalization & localization.
- Experience delivering products collaborating with Design, UX, Project Management, & Product Management.
- Ability to mediate between competing product & technical priorities; align priorities & goals through collaboration with technical leads & product managers.
- Capacity to work in a high growth, fast-paced environment.
- Effectively communicate between teams & within teams in order to drive alignment & increase effectiveness on delivery.
Founded in 2012, Peloton is an innovative tech company that brings members the best workouts possible, all from the convenience of their own home via the Bike,Tread & iOS App platforms. Peloton uses technology & design to connect the world through fitness, empowering people to be the best version of themselves anywhere, anytime.
Peloton believes in taking risks & challenging the status quo by continuously innovating & improving. We put our users, members, & customers first & we obsess over every touch point of the member experience be it the studio, product or showroom. We like to hire the best & encourage all our associates to be Pelotons brand ambassadors. Most importantly, we know that together we go far.