Because you belong at Twilio
The Who, What, Why & Where
At Twilio, our mission is to power the future of communications. Twilio Flex is a fully programmable cloud contact center platform that enables mission critical customer communications for businesses such as Lyft, Shopify & many others. We are looking for a Software Engineer to help build the next generation contact center administration & setup platform.
Twilio is looking for an engineer who lives the Twilio Magic & has:
- Experience with building, maintaining & scaling backend services preferably in Java.
- Experience with build patterns from architecture to automated build & test pipelines & test-driven development in Java & microservice architecture stacks.
- Any experience with Docker, DynamoDB, Node.js, Go, Terraform or Kafka is a plus.
- Strong communication skills & desire to make an impact & thrive in small, collaborative, energetic teams.
We welcome candidates with different levels of seniority & experience.
As a Software Engineer, you will live the Twilio Magic values:
- BE AN OWNER & BE BOLD: You will own the design & development of new APIs & significant new features end-to-end.
- WEAR THE CUSTOMERS SHOES & DONT SETTLE: You will drive great developer experiences for developers worldwide.
- EMPOWER OTHERS & NO SHENANIGANS: You will collaborate with other Flex teams based in Tallinn, Prague & London & other Twilio teams that are globally distributed.
- RUTHLESSLY PRIORITIZE & WRITE IT DOWN: You will work directly with engineering teams & with members of the product organisation, architects & external partners to distill product requirements & customer use cases into architecture, technical design, & code.
Twilio has democratized communications channels like voice, text, chat, & video by virtualizing the worlds telecommunications infrastructure through APIs that are simple enough for any developer to use, yet robust enough to power the worlds most demanding applications.
With the launch of Flex, Twilio introduces a new type of platform for applications which has the potential to disrupt traditional monolithic application vendors in the same way API platforms disrupted traditional infrastructure services for communications, compute & payments.
Twilio is truly unique; we are a company committed to your growth, your learning, your development & your entire employee experience. We only win when our employees succeed & we're dedicated to helping you develop your strengths. We invest in weeks dedicated to tackling hard problems & creating your own ideas. We have a cultural foundation built on diversity, inclusion & innovation & we want you & your ideas to thrive at Twilio. Come join us.
This position will be located in our beautiful & well-designed office at Veerenni 38 in Tallinn, though considering the worlds current circumstances you will start from your home office.
Around the world, Twilio offers great benefits & perks to support the physical, financial, & emotional well being of you & your loved ones. No matter where you are based, you will experience a company that believes in small teams for maximum impact; seeks well-rounded talent to ensure a full perspective on our customers experience, understands that this is a marathon, not a sprint; that continuously & purposefully builds an inclusive culture that empowers everyone to do their best work & be the best version of themselves.
Millions of developers around the world have used Twilio to unlock the magic of communications to improve any human experience. Twilio has democratized communications channels like voice, text, chat, video & email by virtualizing the worlds communications infrastructure through APIs that are simple enough for any developer to use, yet robust enough to power the worlds most demanding applications. By making communications a part of every software developers toolkit, Twilio is enabling innovators across every industry from emerging leaders to the worlds largest organizations to reinvent how companies engage with their customers.
Twilio is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace & is an affirmative action employer. We are committed to equal opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, gender, gender identity, parental or pregnancy status, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, or Veteran status & operate in compliance with the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.