Zoic Studios is an Award winning VFX company made up of accomplished artists & producers who understand story, process & relationships. Partnership, integrity & enthusiasm are our key founding principles. "Visual Evolution" is our mission. We invest in constantly improving our technological & studio processes so that our artists can focus on being creative even in the lightning fast paced world of Episodic Television. We apply these principles to our work on some of the most VFX intensive film & television projects out there.
Our Los Angeles location is currently seeking a Junior Pipeline Developer who will be responsible for assisting in the overall efficiency of the facility-wide production pipeline. They will support the management & development of tools that help digital artists with their daily use of both third party & in-house software & systems. These tools are intended to make visual effects production as efficient & productive as possible.
The role requires strong technical & communication skills, as well as a firm understanding of software design, graphics, & production workflow.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Work with & take direction from CTO, Pipeline Managers, & Senior TDs as well as artists to create, support & maintain tools to be integrated into Zoics existing pipeline.
- Utilize Python & PySide for tool creation & support
- Work with artists to troubleshoot & fix problems
- Update & maintain tools, techniques & work flows as required
Qualifications, Skills & Software Required:
- Degree in Computer Science, Engineering or equivalent work experience
- Proficiency in Python
- Experience with user interface development
- Past pipeline development experience a plus
- Solid understanding of Object Oriented Programming & Design
- Experience with Version Control Systems
- Some experience with Qt. Other UI framework experience a plus
- Knowledge of Python scripting in Maya, Nuke, Houdini
- C/C++, C#, web development, SQL experience a plus
- Past experience with Shotgun, RV, Cinema4D a plus
- Linux experience a plus. Bash, file IO, process lifecycle
- Able to communicate clearly with the various Zoic departments & locations
- Flexible schedule
- Candidates Located in Los Angeles & surrounding area preferred
- Zoic does not cover relocation assistance
- Zoic Studios Los Angeles & New York participate in the eVerify program
- This job description contains the basic requirements for the position & is NOT intended to be a complete list of responsibilities; other duties may be assigned
- Due to the volume of applications we receive across our different openings we regret that only those selected to interview will be contacted
- We also have the best homemade guacamole served in Culver City