Shape the Flexport People Experience
The VP, People Experience is responsible for ensuring that our people have an excellent career-defining experience from the moment they meet us until the moment they leave us as strong brand ambassadors for the company.
As Flexport emerges from scrappy start up to multi-billion dollar enterprise, we want to be the place where people have the most positive career-defining experiences of their lifetimes. The VP, People Experience defines that experience globally & leads two of our most critical teams:
- The Recruiting Team, who are tasked with sourcing & attracting top, diverse talent to Flexport & ensuring that the talent we need meets the jobs we have & has an excellent experience as a candidate & new hire
- The People Business Partners Team, who are the primary points of contact for our people (the front line of our team) & as a result they provide the strategy & business requirements that inform all of the People Teams work. They know where the business is going; they partner with leaders & teams to determine their org & talent needs; they coach leaders & teams to be more effective, engaged & motivated; they prioritize what our people need to have a great experience at Flexport.
Our team spans across Asia, the US, Europe & soon to be Latin America. In addition, we need someone who is working to ensure that the Flexport experience & organizational health is consistent across the globe. Reporting to the Chief Impact Officer, you will be a part of the Impact Senior Leadership team, working alongside the leaders of our .Org team, Brand & Communications, & our senior People Team leaders.
- Be an Executive Thought Partner & Coach. You will partner with Flexport Executives to define the people needs for their organization - both long & short term - then devise strategies for attracting, developing & retaining top, diverse talent while sustainably scaling the organization
- Shape the Strategy. Shape the global employee & workplace strategy so that our people have a career-defining experience at Flexport, informing what our People COEs build (e.g. engagement strategies, learning opportunities, succession planning tools, etc.)
- Prioritize People Agenda. Based on business needs, prioritize the most important systemic needs of our organization & people & engage the People COEs & Operations to deliver on those priorities. Create a continuous feedback loop so we know whats working, whats not & where we have unmet needs
- Deliver a Great Experience. Ensure excellent execution & consistency of core Human Resources practices globally following the Flexport People Lifecycle
- Be a Leader of Leaders. Inspire, lead & develop our leaders across Recruiting & our People Business Partner leadership team to ensure a consistent Flexport People Experience with a focus towards a consistent Flexport people experience.
- Consistent & competitive sourcing, recruitment, interview, selection, & hiring processes & practices
- Bringing together our Regional People orgs do deliver against a common agenda
- Repositioning our PBPs as strategic org & talent strategists in addition to being advocates for employees & ensuring a safe, fair, & inclusive workplace
You should have:
- 12-15 years of experience in Human Resources - preferably in progressive leadership roles with internal company experience
- Degree in HR Management, Business, OD or related field required
- Experience building or scaling an HR organization, Public company experience preferred
- Ability to lift up & determine people needs at a systemic level - the most important needs across the business
- Track record of establishing excellent business partnerships & strong collaborator with HR COEs & HR partners
- Ability to lead a top-notch, globally distributed team
We believe trade can move the human race forward. Thats why its our mission to make global trade easy for everyone. Flexport is building the platform for global logistics, empowering buyers, sellers & their logistics partners with the technology & services to grow & innovate. Today, companies of all sizesfrom emerging brands to Fortune 500suse Flexport technology to move more than $10B of merchandise across 112 countries every year.
Worried about not having any logistics experience?
Dont be! Our mission is to make global trade easy for everyone. Thats why its important to bring people from diverse backgrounds & experiences together with our industry veterans to help move the global logistics industry forward.
We know this industry is complex. Thats why we invest in education starting day one with Flexport Academy, a one week intensive onboarding program designed specifically to set every new Flexport employee up for success.
At Flexport, our ability to fulfill our mission of making global trade easy for everyone relies on having a diverse, dedicated & engaged workforce. That is why Flexport is committed to creating & nurturing an environment where anyone can be their authentic self. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment regardless of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, physical & mental disability, health status, marital & family status, sexual orientation, gender identity & expression, military & veteran status, & any other characteristic protected by applicable law.