Company Description|Job Description
Optimizely is the world's leader in customer experience optimization, allowing businesses to dramatically drive up the value of their digital products, commerce & campaigns through its best in class experimentation software platform. By replacing digital guesswork with evidence-based results, Optimizely enables product & marketing professionals to accelerate innovation, lower the risk of new features, & drive up the return on investment from digital by up to 10X. Over 26 of the Fortune 100 companies choose Optimizely to power their global digital experiences. Optimizely's impressive customer list includes eBay, FOX, IBM, The New York Times & many more global enterprises.
The Sales Operations & Compensation Manager will partner with Optimizely Sales & Go-to-Market organizations to improve effectiveness & efficiency of our customer facing teams, & will help to drive a world-class GTM organization through ownership of core operational initiatives including the variable compensation program & deal desk. This is a critical role for the organization that requires a combination of strategic planning & analysis skills with operational execution excellence. Responsibilities will range from strategic (designing compensation plans aligned to company strategy, providing strategic pricing recommendations on large, enterprise deals) to operational / tactical (driving compensation plan implementation & ensuring metrics can be tracked & monitored in an auditable system, providing non-standard deal support & guidance to the sales organization).
How you will make an impact
- Own, lead & manage the variable compensation program for all departments within the go-to-market organization
- Facilitate compensation plan design through close partnership with senior executives, aligning plans to company strategy while ensuring scalable implementation & cost effectiveness within provided budget
- Partner with business leaders to manage & consult compensation decisions & issues through the use of creative & strategic guidance
- Maintain ownership of compensation payment tools & develop a strong relationship with external contractors to develop & implement plan changes
- Provide oversight of the execution of monthly compensation payments globally, ensuring accuracy, minimizing errors, improving effectiveness in execution, & communicating directly with individuals as required
- Develop data driven recommendations to improve existing compensation program & processes
- Own, lead & manage the global deal desk program for the sales organization
- Partner with sales, finance, legal, business system teams to streamline the quote-to-invoice process
- Define standard / non-standard deal definitions & approval process
- Provide advisory support on pricing strategy & initiatives impacting deal structure & processing through leadership of weekly cross-functional pricing council meeting
- Manage the day-to-day optimization of complex non-standard deals & serve as the primary point of contact for sales, finance & legal teams regarding quote creation, commercial contract generation, & system processing
- Manage contract templates with legal & business systems teams to ensure alignment with business
- Provide data driven insights around standard & non-standard terms
- Provide training to internal team on variable compensation plans & deal structuring, & maintain regular communication process with field & relevant stakeholders on compensation & deal structure policy & program changes
- Identify & drive implementation of new tools & process improvements to support growth for the organization
- Be a trusted advisor to Optimizely's CRO, CFO, & other executives in recommending solutions related to compensation, deal & pricing strategy, & cross-functional initiatives
- Manage team of two operations analysts in variable compensation & deal desk program
- BA/BS in Business, Engineering, Computer Science or a related field; or equivalent professional experience
- 5+ years of sales operations experience, or equivalent professional experience (i.e. management consulting)
- Experience managing variable compensation and/or deal desk programs in a global environment
- Experience leading a team of operations analysts, including career coaching & professional development
- Exceptional written & verbal communication & presentation skills
- Previous experience with Salesforce & Anaplan preferred
At Optimizely, we embody inclusion & embrace diversity. We believe in work/life balance & bringing our true selves to work. To that end, we offer best-in-class perks & benefits that support our Optinauts along their career journey with us. Read more about our culture at optimizely.com/careers.
Optimizely is an equal opportunity employer & makes employment decisions on the basis of merit. Optimizely prohibits discrimination based on race, color, religion, sex, sexual identity, gender identity, marital status, veteran status, nationality, citizenship, age, disability, medical condition, pregnancy, or any other unlawful consideration.All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.
Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest & conviction records.