Were looking for a creative & design-savvy Social Producer to join The Dodo, within Group Nine Media!
As a member of the social team, youll create short form versions of our existing content for TikTok, Instagram, YouTube & Snapchat to start, with the opportunity to source for & produce original short form videos in the future. You will also collaborate across teams in the creation of organic & sponsored social assets for our platforms. The ideal candidate is a digital native whos obsessed with social & has a deep understanding of what makes content shareable. You can develop clever ideas & you have the technical skills to bring ideas to life.
Youll be based in our New York office & report to our VP of Social.
The Social Producer will lead by example in demonstrating Group Nines values - Care Deeply, Be Brave, Go First, Do Good, Stay Close & Win Together.
What Youll Do:
- Edit short form versions of new & existing content to optimize for Instagram, TikTok & YouTube Shorts
- Producing, editing & delivering video assets for Social, Marketing & PR including but not limited to Reels, Instagram Stories, sizzle reels, mash-ups & recuts
- Collaborate with our commerce team to create a short form video for social to drive affiliate sales
- Create content using a mix of Adobe Premiere & native platform features to supplement our core video programming. This includes identifying & sourcing compelling stories about animals by mining social media, building relationships, & communicating with an uploader
- Support our social team leads across all platforms with asset creation, scheduling support & project management
- Collaborate with our video team to ensure content is consistently being optimized according to platform best practices as they evolve.
- Identify trending formats that the team can utilize in their content
- Brainstorm & pitch opportunities for original affiliate videos
- Create unique, fun ideas for social content with an animal-first approach
- Identify when an area of focus isn't working & pivot
- Support social team in service of larger strategic needs when opportunities arise
- Develop a set of best practices across our social media channels & an understanding of our audiences; stay informed of video trends & use your findings to drive better production
Success Will Look Like:
- Taking a 360 degree approach to platform management, keeping our distribution strategy optimized with business goals & KPIs top of mind while also ideating & executing community management tactics to keep our audience engaged.
- Producing short-form social video that hits or exceeds The Dodos KPIs on Instagram Reels
- Demonstrating the ability to be a strong team player, taking initiative to drive projects forward, meeting deadlines & deliverables
- Being a solutions-focused team member who is consistently looking for ways to elevate The Dodos content & the brand as a whole
- 2+ years of relevant video editing experience with at least 1 year experience editing video on Adobe Premiere
- A deep understanding of social media platforms & what formats work on each. Must be an expert with each platforms tools, how to use them creatively, & be able to create a compelling & cohesive story across several slides or in short form
- Flexible, self-motivated & happy to work in a collaborative environment across multiple teams & stakeholders
- A passion for The Dodo brand & all things digital & social
- An interest in using data & insights to evaluate the performance of social content & to guide future content & creative concepts
- Strong writing & communication skills coupled with a good eye for visual storytelling
- Deep understanding of the Dodo brand & a drive to excel at the kind of storytelling that resonates emotionally with animal lovers
Why Work at Group Nine
We are committed to diversity, equity & inclusion. As part of our larger DE&I strategy, every employee goes through a series of DE&I training. We have incredible Employee Resource Groups (ERGs), with the support of our Head of DE&I & executive sponsors, that host everything from weekly safe space chats to community events.
We have amazing people. We can promise youll work alongside some of the smartest & most interesting people in the industry. Our people work hard but we always have fun doing it. Bottom line: we care about each other & we take our values seriously.
We care about you. We offer company-paid parental leave for everyone #inclusion. We also offer health, dental & vision insurance, along with a selection of voluntary benefits. Weve partnered with best-in-class virtual care providers to bring health care, mental health support & meditation to all employees. Additionally, knowing that time away from work is integral to employee well-being, our time off allowances (consisting of vacation, sick, company holidays, volunteer & religious observances), ensure you have time to take care of yourself.
We invest in your future. We offer competitive compensation & a matching 401(k) plan. Depending on the role, options may also be granted. We value development. We are a high-performance organization that challenges itself to continuously grow. We invest in employee development. Youll need to be great to get hired here & we promise youll get even better once youre here.
About The Dodo
The Dodo is the #1 media brand for reach on mobile in the U.S. [Nielsen DCR, November 2019], & the most engaged media brand globally across all content genres [Tubular Labs, May 2020]. We tell fun, entertaining, emotional stories about animals that make people laugh, cry happy tears, feel ALL the feels, & fall in love with animals. In December 2016, The Dodo joined forces with NowThis, Thrillist & Seeker to form Group Nine Media the #1 video publisher on mobile in the U.S. [Nielsen DCR, June 2020].
About Group Nine Media
Group Nine has the most optimistic, fast moving, deeply connected brands in the categories that matter NOW. As the #1 video publisher on mobile in the U.S. [Nielsen DCR, June 2020], Group Nines brands are built for the platforms where young people spend the majority of their time. We reach over 80% of Americans in their 20s every month [Nielsen DCR, June 2020]. Audiences spend over 90 million hours a month engaging with our category-defining brands [platform analytics, August 2020] - NowThis, the no. 1 most-watched news & politics brand globally on social [Tubular Labs, May 2020]; The Dodo, the #1 media brand for reach on mobile in the U.S. [Nielsen DCR, November 2019]; POPSUGAR, the #1 most engaged-with Womens Lifestyle site in the U.S. [Comscore, February 2020]; Thrillist, the most-trusted digital brand in food, drink, travel & entertainment; & Seeker, the no. 1 science brand on mobile in the U.S. [Nielsen DCR, April 2020]. Group Nine has been recognized with hundreds of prestigious awards including Edward R. Murrow, James Beard, Cannes Lions, Critics Choice, among others.