Bread is a technology company that aims to transform the world of paper credit card applications & hidden interest rates by providing leading point-of-sale financing options for merchants across the e-commerce journey. We build tools, technologies & APIs that allow merchants to integrate an installment loan financing & checkout experience anywhere in their customers shopping journey. Bread was started in 2015 by financial technology veterans, & has experienced explosive growth to date.
The legal & compliance functions at Bread affect every aspect of our financial technology business. The Compliance Analyst is responsible for working on various aspects of our compliance infrastructure & implementing solutions in a scalable way and, in doing so, interacts with each & every area of the business.
Essential Job Functions:
- Compliance & Guidance - Monitors and evaluates operations for continued compliance with applicable laws & regulations. Provides guidance to the business on identified issues & assists in the remediation of compliance issues. Provides continuous monitoring of policies, procedures, bank/client collateral & correspondence for adherence to compliance guidelines. Performs transactional testing reviews of line of business functionality to ensure compliance with current State & Federal regulations. Reviews, interprets and recommends approval for policies, procedures, bank/client collateral & correspondence, as well as provides guidance to the business on projects & initiatives. Advises the business by providing regulatory subject matter expertise. Offers alternative solutions to support business and objectives & client initiatives while mitigating compliance risk.
- Reporting - Tracks, develops, & prepares executive level reporting on the current state of regulatory governance with a high level of professionalism for presentation to various audiences (committees, Board of Directors, regulators, examiners, etc.). Responds to inquiries initiated through the States Attorney General, law enforcement, or regulatory agencies, i.e., OCC, FDIC, Federal Reserve, Treasury, OFAC, etc., on behalf of Bread
- Associates degree in Business, Accounting, Criminal Justice, Analytics, Law, Finance or equivalent education
- Two or more years work experience in a compliance capacity in banking, financial services or related field, legal field, law enforcement, etc.
- Bachelor's degree
- Area of Study: Business, Accounting, Criminal Justice, Analytics, Law, Finance
- Five or more years work experience in a compliance capacity in banking, financial services or related field, legal field, law enforcement, etc.