WHAT WE DO MATTERS:
Here at The Knot Worldwide, we believe in doing work that matters. In 16 countries around the world, our leading family of brands (The Knot, WeddingWire, Bodas, The Bash, The Bump, How They Asked, Lasting, & more) inspire, inform, & celebrate our communities as they move through lifes milestones. From the proposal to creating a home, & starting a family together, were there for every step of the journey. Our couples & business partners depend on us. They're all in. So are we.
ABOUT THE ROLE AND OUR TEAM:
Join the teams that creates The Bash, the marketplace for every event, providing party planners & hosts with an online tool to find entertainment & event services of all kinds. Weve helped facilitate over 275,000 bookings & have over 70,000 event vendors, ranging from musicians & photographers to impersonators & magicians. The Bash empowers people to make a living doing what they love, & we take pride in being able to do so.
- Leverage skills & experience to implement product features that are well architected, tested, & understandable.
- Actively participate in the ideation & execution of product roadmap & Agile planning.
- Lead best practices surrounding TDD, continuous integration, code standards, etc.
- Iterative platform development, including troubleshooting & performance optimization.
- Performs all tasks without guidance & provides guidance/mentorship to other engineers in the Squad.
SUCCESSFUL LEAD SOFTWARE ENGINEER CANDIDATES HAVE:
- 7+ years overall engineering experience.
- 3+ years of experience using React.
- Experience working in an Agile, TDD environment.
- Experience with production Node.js solutions.
- Experience building well designed APIs
- Experience with Express or ASP.NET Web API plus
- Familiarity with modern infrastructure technologies such as AWS, Docker, Kubernetes & Terraform
- Excellent communication skills, both oral & written.
- Pair programming experience is a plus.
At The Knot Worldwide, we believe you are more than a resume & invite you to go for it, take the leap of faith, & apply for this job if it sparks your passion to join TKWW & make a difference!
WHAT WE LOVE ABOUT YOU:
- You Dream Big. You iterate & experiment to drive innovation.
- You Love Our Users. You keep our global community at the center of everything you do.
- You Respect All Voices. Inclusion strengthens us & powers your decisions.
- You Hustle Every Day. You favor urgency & own your outcomes.
- You Win Together. People are at the heart of our success & you play as a team.
WHAT YOU LOVE ABOUT US:
The Knot Worldwide offers a unique employee experience & we are deeply proud of our award-winning culture. We offer a full benefits package including options for medical, dental & vision insurance & a 401k with company match. From flexible vacation & generous parental leave benefits to promoting wellness & giving back to our community, we believe in happiness above all elsein & out of the office.
The Knot Worldwide provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees & applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, or disability. In addition to federal law requirements, The Knot Worldwide complies with applicable state & local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. The Knot Worldwide expressly prohibits any form of workplace harassment based on race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, genetic information, disability, or veteran status.
If you are a resident of California, by submitting your application, you acknowledge that youve read the California Privacy Notice.