Working on the Geometry team, the Product Development Manager will establish scalable processes to run an effective sourcing team. S/he/they will work directly with our Head of Design Strategy & alongside the General Manager of Geometry while helping to rapidly scale operations & define an effective sourcing strategy for Knotels Geometry Furniture Subscription Service.
What Youll Do
- Own the product development process & successful roll-out of proprietary & direct-to-manufacture products for the Geometry Subscription Line
- In partnership with Head of Design Strategy, you will effectively translate creative direction & distill sourcing requirements to industrial design partners
- Collaborate with vendors to maintain & implement safety & testing standards for product development globally, including localized market requirements & risk assessment.
- Provide management of all manufacturing partnerships by standardizing vendor contracts, prioritizing speed to market, & leveraging long term unit economics across all Geometry products.
- Develop a refurbishment program to increase the useful life of products & ensure long term durability
- Work collaboratively with internal & external team members to refine forecasting models & stocking thresholds with our 3PL providers
- Oversee the development & maintenance of Geometrys product specification database for design & sales marketing
- Optimize lead times & reduce costs through creative vendor relationships & sourcing strategies
Who You Are
You are a natural problem-solver with a bias towards action & exceptionally high standards for organizing your work. You possess a high-level of ownership, accountability, & initiative. You pick up new skills quickly & have an exceptional attention to detail with demonstrated experience in working with a team in a fast-paced environment, coordinating logistics, and/or balancing multiple projects & timelines. You also have the following:
- 10+ years, or equivalent experience, in FF&E sourcing function, contract negotiation, logistics & supplier relations
- Experience managing vendors, placing purchase orders, and/or reviewing vendor contracts
- Experience working directly with directors of accounts payable & comptroller
- Strong verbal & written communication required to liaise with manufacturing vendors to manage timelines & partnership expectations
- Solid foundation of business intelligence & best financial practices
- Excellent oral & written communication skills
- Detail oriented with ability to prioritize effectively
Knotel is the worlds leading flexible workspace provider that gets, fits, fills & manages space for customers. Knotel caters to established & growing companies, giving them the freedom to focus on their business, culture, & people. With over 4 million square feet across 200 locations in three continents, Knotel is transforming commercial real estate & moving companies forward.
Knotel was founded in 2016 by Amol Sarva & Edward Shenderovich to give businesses the flexibility & speed to scale on their own terms. All Knotel spaces are tailored to the needs of each individual company by an in-house team of architects, interior designers, & workplace strategists. For more information, please visit www.knotel.com.
Our Core Values
- Fly your Flag - Dont check your identity at the door. Bring it inside - we are better for it.
- Dont Look Away - Care for the details no one told you about. Make every space a home & give the gift of belonging.
- Outcomes, Not Processes - Time is precious. Save it. Start with the goal & back out the journey
- Get Uncomfortable - Innovation starts at the edge of the unknown. Embrace the adventure & sign up for the hairy challenges.
- Where is it Engraved - Question orthodoxy.
- Share in the Victory Dance - No one summits alone. Leverage the best in others & offer the most in yourself.
Diversity & Inclusion at Knotel
At Knotel, we know that a diverse workforce fosters our individual & collective success. We are committed to building an inclusive, collaborative culture where people of all races, genders, sexual orientations, & religious backgrounds can do their best work. This is all fueled by our employees, who drive the efforts & initiatives outlined here.