WHO WE'RE SNIFFIN' FOR:
We are looking for toy designers of all levels for BarkBox, our popular subscription plush line.The toy business within the growing pet industry makes up about $2 billion in annual revenue. BARK wants grow our own brand within this space & bring our ideas to market in a smart & impactful way.We are looking for an experienced leader in toy design & product development who can help drive BARKs growth.
- Some toy design experience. Were looking for the right type of talent, not the right amount of experience. Either way, youre a nerd for character design & toys. No dog toy experience needed, but some experience with plush is preferred.
- Youre funny & make funny, appealing drawings.
- You understand how to communicate volume & character in a drawing & have a portfolio that exhibits some level of mastery in composition, color & silhouette.
- You like being part of a team & dont cringe when getting creative feedback.
- You have experience bringing a product from insight to design & production under your belt. Youre comfortable being nitpicky to make sure quality is maintained throughout the process. You can communicate creative notes clearly.
- Seriously, you have to be legit funny. Our brand is funny.
This position is a full-time, salaried position. It is located on-site at our office in Manhattan, New York. We offer health insurance for both you & your pup, 401k, wonderful team lunches, & a dog to pet anytime you wish.