Who we are:
We are Dataminr. We deliver real-time, actionable alerts that are derived from vast amounts of publicly available information. Our clients are the first to know about high-impact events & critical breaking information, giving them the opportunity to act faster & stay one step ahead when every second counts. We are a mission-driven company committed to the power of real-time information as a force for good in the world.
Our groundbreaking AI & machine learning technology cuts through the noise in an increasingly complex landscape by detecting, classifying, & determining the significance of public information. Headquartered in NYC, Dataminr has revolutionized the way that global news, finance, public sector, corporate security & PR/communications professionals know & act on critical, relevant information to protect people, assets & brands.
Along the way, we've grown to over 450 talented employees across six global offices, raised over $570 million from leading venture & growth technology investors, & been referred to as the super tool of journalists & hedge funds. Weve received numerous awards & accolades from our clients, including recognition from CNBC as one of the worlds 50 most disruptive private technology companies in 2016 & joining Forbes definitive list of the top 100 private cloud companies in the world, in 2017 & 2018.
A career at Dataminr offers the ability to make a meaningful impact at a rapidly growing tech company with a startup culture, while being supported by the experience of a company founded in 2009. We value ownership, curiosity & drive on an individual level & live these values every day. We empower everyone to have a voice at the table & regularly invest in professional development. Our culture promotes cross team interaction, work-life balance & the sharing of information & ideas because it enables us to do our best work & have fun.
Who you are
You're a self-starting & hands-on conceptual designer who will bring original ideas & a fresh, stylish approach to each project. You bring 360-degree integrated thinking to the creation & roll-out of multi-channel campaigns in partnership with copywriting resources & other art directors and/or designers.
You have extensive experience in the design & art direction of cohesive campaigns digital & print working within & developing defined visual/brand systems as well as comfort in working closely with printers & seeing complicated jobs through production. You bring a strong sense of style, excellent typographic skills, & flair in working with photography to the table.
You possess high level communication skills with the ability to receive & interpret creative briefs, present ideas creatively & effectively along with exceptional organizational skills & the ability to multi task at a high level.
You're excited about being part of a small in-house creative team & contributing to the growth of the Dataminr brand.
- Design & expand existing brand & style systems
- Create integrated advertising campaigns
- Work hands-on from beginning to end for print, environmental, interactive & digital projects
- Work closely with copywriters, developers & other designer/art directors to fulfill creative briefs
- Storyboarding of video and/or interactive experiences
- Work with developers to create email & landing page templates
- Develop executive level presentations & pitches
Desired Skills & Experience:
- Bachelor's degree in Marketing, Graphic Design, Digital Media Design, Visual, Fine or Commercial Arts, Art Design or related field
- 5-8 years experience in a similar role within a company or agency environment
- Strong operating knowledge of Photoshop, Illustrator, InDesign
- A flair for delivering visual concepts in the context of defined strategies & copy approaches
- Comprehensive understanding of type, photography, & color management, evident in portfolio examples
- Industrial & environmental design experience, knowledge of motion graphics & web design, skills in art direction & Ceros or similar interactive tools
- Thorough understanding of print & collateral design & production processes & interactive communications & delivery systems as well as industry best practices
- Working experience in digital advertising design
- Strong understanding of client communication
- Excellent communication & executive level presentation skills
Our offering of competitive benefits & perks include:
- Competitive compensation package including equity
- Company paid benefits for employees & their dependents, such as medical, dental, vision, disability & life
- Flexible spending account to be used for out-of-pocket medical, transit, parking & dependent care expenses
- 401(k) savings plan with company matching
- Generous leave
- Daily catered lunch
- A kitchen fully stocked with snacks & beverages
- Discounted Gym Membership
Dataminr is an equal opportunity & affirmative action employer. Individuals seeking employment at Dataminr are considered without regards to race, sex, color, creed, religion, national origin, age, disability, genetics, marital status, pregnancy, unemployment status, sexual orientation, citizenship status or veteran status.