Complex Networks is a subsidiary of BuzzFeed
Complex Networks is a global youth entertainment network spanning major pop culture categories including streetwear & style, food, music, sneakers & sports. Complex Networks is diversified around three pillars: advertising, e-commerce, & content where it creates & distributes original programming for Gen Z & Millennial audiences through premium distributors such as Netflix, Hulu, Turner, Corus, Facebook, Snap, YouTube, Roku & more. Additionally, Complex Networks generates revenue through a number of core business lines, including branded content & advertising, licensing, events, e-commerce, & agency consulting services.
Complex Networks is seeking a is seeking a producer to lead our New York Amazon Amp team. This individual will be responsible for production & delivery of Pigeon & Plane's original live programming on the Amazon Amp platform. The ideal candidate excels working in a fast-paced environment & is an excellent collaborator with rigorous attention to detail & organization.
The position will start remote but may transition to in-studio at a later date.
- Lead production across a range of editorial, research, & logistical functions
- Develop & creatively ideate music-based content week-over-week
- Show solid news judgment & work under tight deadline pressure
- Manage & finalize rundowns & run of show documents
- Create Amazon music playlists in accordance with run of show
- Prep talent & pre-stream channel needs
- Work closely with the Production Manager to coordinate production schedules, calendars, talent, & resources
- Work in tandem with talent department to book guests & file invoices
- Proactively work to identify & address problems quickly when they arise
- Lead delivery of in-stream assets to the promotion & marketing departments
- Gather rights & clearances needs, releases & obtain third-party material
- Manage asset tracking of music cue sheets
- Coordinate with talent on show day promo assets
- 5-8 years of entertainment production experience in a leading production role
- Experience/knowledge of Complex Networks & its brands
- Must be able to work in a fast-paced environment with an ability to multitask
- Experience working with on-air talent
- Interest in News & Music programming
- Extremely detail-oriented
- Must be a strong collaborator, communicator & self-sufficient
- Worked on radio or live audio production
- Experience with Photoshop
- Experience as a podcaster with 3+ years of experience
BuzzFeed is the world's leading tech-powered, diversified media company that reaches hundreds of millions of people globally through its cross-platform news & entertainment network. The company produces articles, lists, quizzes, videos, & original series; lifestyle content through brands including Tasty, the worlds largest social food network; original reporting & investigative journalism through BuzzFeed News & HuffPost; an industry-leading affiliate business, strategic partnerships, licensing & product development through BuzzFeed Commerce; & original productions across broadcast, cable, SVOD, film & digital platforms for BuzzFeed Studios.
Life at BuzzFeed
We celebrate inclusion & are committed to equal opportunity employment. We are proud to be an equal opportunity workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to, & will not be discriminated against based on age, race, gender, color, religion, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, veteran status, disability or any other protected category.
You can expect:
- A supportive, inclusive atmosphere on a team that values your contributions
- Opportunities for personal & professional growth through work experience, offerings from our in-house Learning @ BuzzFeed team, our Employee Resource Groups, & more
- An attractive & equitable compensation package, including salary & stock options.
- A generous benefits program featuring paid time off, unlimited sick time, comprehensive medical benefits, a family leave policy, access to mental health platforms, retirement plans, gym & wellness discounts, & much more.
We want all employees to feel safe & comfortable when they engage in any in-person meetings, when visiting the office, or when working from an offsite production or meeting location. As part of this commitment to health & safety, BuzzFeed requires COVID-19 vaccines for current U.S. employees, including all newly hired employees. Requests for accommodation per applicable law for health and/or religious reasons will be considered. Union employees are subject to what is outlined in their applicable collective bargaining agreement.
Note: BuzzFeed offers remote/flexible work (unless specified to be required to be in-person) & open to hiring remote candidates who are residents in the following states: CA, CO, CT, DC, DE, FL, GA, HI, IL, IN, KY, MA, MD, MI, MS, MT, NC, NH, NJ, NM, NY, OH, OR, PA, TX, VA, WA, & WV. For non sales roles, we can also hire in AK, AR, AZ, ID, KS, MO, ND, SC, & VT.