WHAT WE DO MATTERS:
Here at The Knot Worldwide, we believe in doing work that matters. In 16 countries around the world, our leading family of brands (The Knot, WeddingWire, Bodas, Hitched, The Bash, The Bump, & more) inspire, inform, & celebrate our communities as they move through lifes milestones. Our couples & business partners depend on us. They're all in. So are we.
ABOUT THE ROLE AND OUR TEAM:
Our Product Design team is seeking a talented UX Writer!
As our UX Writer, youll use clarifying language & brand personality to help shape our digital experiences. Youll collaborate with product designers & product marketers to craft engaging & inviting content for new users, while bringing simplicity & life to tools & moments across the experience. You will work with your teams from concept through delivery on everything from small features & iterative enhancements to large system-wide initiatives. Youll adhere to brand tone guidelines, & establish & maintain consistency in our product copyfrom buttons & notifications to entire flowswith a unified voice. You might be a good fit for this role if:
- You write compelling UX copy that is clear, concise & useful. You create high-quality, thoughtful solutions that achieve business goals & help users complete desired actions, with quantifiable impact.
- You are a natural storyteller who can drive a cohesive narrative through an experience. You craft a UX voice that is relatable, human, & conversational, building value & trust with a brand.
- Youre a creative thinker with a sharp wit & a generous emotional range. You adhere to brand voice, & write in the tone appropriate for a variety of contexts, experiences, & moments. You know when simple & brief copy is best, & when its ok to have a little fun.
- You anticipate user needs, writing content that is platform- & context-aware, & mindful to what users are experiencing in the moment.
- You approach problems as a design thinker. You maintain a strong attention to detail. You are flexible & adaptable, taking constructive criticism with ease, & applying feedback as needed.
- You enjoy working hard; you take initiative & are responsible & reliable. You are action-oriented & energized by challenges. You take pride in the quality of your work.
SUCCESSFUL UX WRITER CANDIDATES HAVE:
- A Bachelors degree in English, Journalism, Technical Writing, or equivalent education
- 3+ years experience writing for digital products & user experiences
- Familiarity with agile processes & collaborative workflows
- A portfolio of writing samples showcasing how your copy simplified & enhanced digital experiences & products. You can speak to your creative process, how you arrived at your solutions, & the impacts they had
- This role will ideally be based in our New York office, but we are open to hiring a remote candidate with the right experience.
Please provide a supporting portfolio link (with password, if applicable) or a PDF version of your cases studies.
At The Knot Worldwide, we believe you are more than a resume & invite you to go for it, take the leap of faith, & apply for this job if it sparks your passion to join TKWW & make a difference!
WHAT WE LOVE ABOUT YOU:
- You Dream Big. You iterate & experiment to drive innovation.
- You Love Our Users. You keep our global community at the center of everything you do.
- You Do the Right Thing. You strengthen your team through respect, fairness, & inclusion.
- You Hustle Every Day. You favor urgency & own your outcomes.
- You Win Together. People are at the heart of our success & you play as a team.
WHAT YOU LOVE ABOUT US:
The Knot Worldwide offers a unique employee experience & we are deeply proud of our award-winning culture. We offer a full benefits package including options for medical, dental & vision insurance & a 401k with company match. From flexible vacation & generous parental leave benefits to promoting wellness & giving back to our community, we believe in happiness above all elsein & out of the office.
The Knot Worldwide provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees & applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, or disability. In addition to federal law requirements, The Knot Worldwide complies with applicable state & local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. The Knot Worldwide expressly prohibits any form of workplace harassment based on race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, genetic information, disability, or veteran status.
If you are a resident of California, by submitting your application, you acknowledge that youve read the California Privacy Notice.