Bonobos islooking for a Data Scientist who possesses a passion for innovating business & delivering value through the creation, validation & delivery of data science models.
At Bonobos, were redefining how customers browse, discover & shop for apparel. As the largest digitally native apparel company in the US, we are poised to make groundbreaking advances in how customers shop. Bonobos is uniquely positioned to delight customers by connecting our showroom stores (we call them Guideshop locations) to our online experiences. We're inventing the future of retail & our customers are fanatical about our clothes & our world-class customer service.
Reporting to the Director of Data Engineering & Governance, you will partner on the strategy for delivering business driven AI/ML. Working with the Product Data Manager you will gather requirements from business to inform the strategy. In addition you will contribute to the design of the data science workflow from model creation to delivery. These designs will inform the platform team on how to evolve the data platforms. You will own the organizations AI/ML model catalog, its creation, design, content & how it evolves over time.
What you'll do...
- Owns the organizations AI/ML model catalog, its creation, design, content & how it's evolves over time
- Governs the organizations use of thirdy AI/ML model catalogs & its relationship to the internal catalog & how it is trained & served
- Manages the relationship between features in the AI/ML model catalog & the data ecosystem & how data evolves over time
- Validates that AI/ML models, pipelines & solutions follow data governance policies, standards & intent
- Analyzes, designs, codes, tests, configures & modifies software for the functional creation of AI/ML models, as well as the pipelines that create, train, & serve them using various programming languages, technologies & development methodologies.
- Designs, develops, tests, debugs & implements AI/ML models, pipelines, solutions and/or software tools, & utilities for the purpose of assuring acceptable performance & service levels.
- Implements AI/ML models with established pipelines & solutions using source control, infrastructure as code, continuous integration throughout the entire delivery model
- Implements AI/ML models with established pipelines & solutions that ensure monitored, with relevant alerts, logging & tracing that guarantee the relevant durability, availability & performance.
- Completes technical documentation that adds value, including but not limited to testing, training governance, software delivery & scientific method used in model creation
- Have 2+ years creating, validating & delivering data science models that deliver business value.
- MS or PhD in Computer Science, Electrical Engineering, Statistics, or equivalent fields
- Applied Machine Learning experience (regression & classification, supervised, & unsupervised learning).
- Strong mathematical background (linear algebra, calculus, probability & statistics).
- Ability to collect, process, analyze & report large amounts of quantitative & qualitative data, & identify trends anomalies with minimal supervision
- Ability to explain mathematical formulas & statistical findings to non-technical users & decision makers
- Extract business insights from analysis of data & communicate (orally, written, or visually) those insights to business leaders
- Programming experience with Python for data analysis (e.g. Pandas, NumPy, matplotlib, etc...); particularly in processing & analysis of different sources of quantitative & qualitative data
- Work hard because we love what were doing, but also believe in balance (say hello to unlimited vacation days!)
- Back up our talk with a competitive compensation & benefits package, challenging projects, random acts of team-wide fun & awesome co-workers that feel like family
- Value self-awareness, intellectual honesty, judgment, empathy & positive energy often over experience
- Are located in the Flatiron District in the heart of Manhattan
- Have a passion for delivering a superior experience to our customers, clients, vendors & one another
- Are excited to hear from you