Foursquare is the leading independent location technology company, powered by our deep understanding of how people move throughout the world. Our solutions help businesses make smarter decisions, developers create more engaging experiences, & brands build more effective marketing strategies.
Foursquares platform includes Attribution, Audience, Proximity, Places, Pilgrim SDK & Visits. As the industrys first accredited company for location data from the Media Rating Council (MRC), this foundation powers all our solutions those that exist today & those we have yet to build. Over 14 billion consumer-verified place visit confirmations help us keep our map & models fresh & up-to-date, building a phones-eye-view of the world with 105 million unique places of interest worldwide.
About the role:
As the Head of Corporate Development/Chief of Staff, you will step into a scaling, technologically innovative business to be a strategic thinker & operational doer focusing on the most meaningful organizational areas of our business. Reporting to the CEO, you will be a key member of the executive leadership of Foursquare driving collaborative partnerships across all functional areas of the business. The role is a highly strategic one as you will be both a thought partner to the CEO and, at times, a delegate on his behalf. Your remit will include exciting & varied challenges across our global footprint & you will be measured by your ability to increase leverage & velocity for the CEO & the entire executive team across strategic initiatives, corporate transactions & operational assignments.
Responsibilities of the role:
- Work directly with the CEO to set the strategic direction & operational priorities of the Company & Executive team
- Partner with the Executive team to drive strategic planning
- Partner with the CEO & CFO to develop Foursquares M&A strategy & identify transaction opportunities including driving all financial analysis
- Lead the entirety of the M&A (or similar) process including strategy, sourcing, diligence, negotiation, & execution
- Drive cross-functional projects including measuring progress & driving to successful outcomes
- Manage weekly executive staff meetings including, but not limited to, setting the agenda, providing insights & analysis to inform strategic conversations & tracking follow through to increase accountability
- Lead or partner on special projects driven by the CEO across all operational areas of the business
- Act as a proxy for the CEO, advising key leaders on best practices for getting alignment on decisions
- Drive content creation & agendas for key internal & external purposes (investor presentations, Board materials, key client meetings, internal all-hands, executive off-sites, & the like)
- 3-5 years of experience at a top tier management consulting or investment banking firm
- Additional 3-5 years of experience working at a high growth tech company, preferably within an M&A function
- High EQ with significant experience & comfort partnering with & influencing all levels of the organization
- Team first professional with a passion for driving both strategic outcomes & operational accountability & improvement
- Self-starter with a high desire to learn & grow
- BA/BS Degree or equivalent practical experience
Foursquare is proud to foster an inclusive environment that is free from discrimination. We strongly believe in order to build the best products, we need a diversity of perspectives & backgrounds. This leads to a more delightful experience for our users & team members. We value listening to every voice & we encourage everyone to come be a part of building a company & products we love.
Foursquare is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, protected Veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.