As the world's leader in digital payments technology, Visa's mission is to connect the world through the most creative, reliable & secure payment network - enabling individuals, businesses, & economies to thrive. Our advanced global processing network, VisaNet, provides secure & reliable payments around the world, & is capable of handling more than 65,000 transaction messages a second. The company's dedication to innovation drives the rapid growth of connected commerce on any device, & fuels the dream of a cashless future for everyone, everywhere. As the world moves from analog to digital, Visa is applying our brand, products, people, network & scale to reshape the future of commerce.
At Visa, your individuality fits right in. Working here gives you an opportunity to impact the world, invest in your career growth, & be part of an inclusive & diverse workplace. We are a global team of disruptors, trailblazers, innovators & risk-takers who are helping drive economic growth in even the most remote parts of the world, creatively moving the industry forward, & doing meaningful work that brings financial literacy & digital commerce to millions of unbanked & underserved consumers.
You'rean Individual.We'rethe team for you.Together, let's transform the way the world pays.
Payment technology has become a very populararea in the last several years. Given the strong demands & innovation, this will be a very exciting area in the next 5 to 10 years. VISA is clearly a very strong leader in the payment industry & is in a fast-paced technology transformation. For a payment system to work well, advanced technologies such as data platform, big data, data mining, machine learning, cloud, etc. are critical. In VISA, we have all of these. The Data Platform (DP) Department is in the center for many of these technologies & development.
The Data Platform Department is a key component of Visa's Technology organization that provides an enriched & valuable ecosystem of data platform & data services to drive innovation for our partners & clients, within Visa & globally. Data is the most valuable asset in Visa. The Data Platform Department is dedicated to systems & services to make data secure, high quality, rich, fast, & easy to use, therefore enabling Visa with the ability to leverage its data asset in an effective & timely manner to maximize technology/business development & differentiate Visa from others in the payment industry. The department maintains tens of petabytes of data supporting over 100 services for various internal lines of business & external clients. Our technical stack has two layers: Platform as a Service (PaaS) & Data as a service (DaaS).
The Platform as a Service team is part of Visa's Data Platform division. Our mission is to provide the enabling technology & processes to manage Visa data assets & deliver Value Added Information Products & Services to our customers. Building next generation applications require collaboration with exceptional group of highly skilled data architects, software engineers, DevOps engineers, payment experts & infrastructure architects. This is an exciting time for a data professional to join our team to drive technology transformation.
A successful candidate is who thrives in a fast-paced environment, has customer obsession, think big, & knows to simplify. As a Full Stack Software Engineer, the candidate will leverage sound architectural principles to code the front & back end platform that enables full automation of the big-data platform.
The ideal candidate has strong technical background in cloud technologies, big data, & have a good written & verbal communication skills. The ideal candidate has production experience building all parts of a modern web-based application, is passionate about performance, testability, & maintainability, cares about quality of code, love to learn new technologies, & is passionate about speed of execution.
- Define, implement & manage big data cloud infrastructure
- Lead & shape the automation strategy that builds the foundation of big data cloud services.
- Establish foundation for future implementations & automation requirements, identify opportunities for automation & develop scalable solutions
- Work closely with user community & system admins on architecture, design & implementation of the big data cloud service systems.
- Build integrated solutions with automation, monitoring, analytics, & user interfaces that enable full automation for build out & operation of big data platform.
- Keep a sharp eye for automation needs & opportunities. Innovate with new technology to enable innovative cluster management, inventory, monitoring, performance tuning.
- Keep up with the latest big-data technologies, as well as the pros/cons of these technologies.
- Perform detailed technical design, development & unit testing of custom applications & data flow in the context of projects, releases & production support.
- Deliver high quality code for features & bug fixes.
- Refactor code to improve testability & maintainability.
- Keep up with industry best practices.
- Support & coach junior engineers.
- B.S. or M.S. in Computer Science or equivalent degree or experience
- 12+ yrs of experience as fullstack developer with min of 4+ yrs of team lead experience
- Demonstrated ability to effectively adapt to changing technology
- Understanding of RESTful APIs - both building & consuming
- Experience with PHP & a PHP MVC framework
- Understanding & experience building responsive interfaces with HTML5, CSS3, Bootstrap
- Experience with React, VueJs (or other front-end frameworks)
- Experience with Linux environments & using the shell
- Experience with Python
- Experience with MySQL, DB2, or other RDBMS
- Familiarity with Big Data technologies, such as HDFS, Yarn, Hive, Spark, Kafka, Kubernetes, & etc.
- Experience writing tests (unit, functional, etc.), & using testing frameworks
- Strong problem-solving skills
- Attitude toward getting things done while maintaining regard for code quality
- Demonstrated ability to take ownership of initiatives & comfortable seeking help
- Comfortable tackling new problems & learning along the way
- Strong interpersonal, verbal, & written communication skills