Shutterstocks Legal team partners with the global team to deliver innovative business solutions & strategically manage risk. We are collaborative, empathetic, resourceful and, most-importantly, a fun & tight-knit group.
We are looking for a Legal Assistant to work closely with the members of the Legal Department, providing support to the Companys corporate functions & business operations.
Key responsibilities include:
- Manage & maintain digital & hard copy filing systems, including contract database & shared drives. Develop best practices for records management.
- Coordinate & track legal matters & transactions from inception through deadlines, renewals & conclusion to signature, including preparing documents for signature.
- Provide significant & substantive assistance in various general corporate matters, including entity formation, entity dissolution, entity foreign qualifications & DBAs, filing & maintaining licensure, & liaising with tax department.
- Maintain a library of pre-approved form documents, contract clauses, templates, & historical documents, & add or revise material as needed.
- Create & deliver initial drafts of form agreements including NDAs, vendor & supplier contracts & independent contractor agreements.
- Update & manage workflows, including prioritizing requests & ensuring deadlines are met, including managing legal project queues in project management system.
- Administer day-to-day legal budget; review & process legal invoices; work with vendors & internal accounts payable & procurement departments to manage timely payments; manage & maintain e-billing system; track legal expenses & reconcile monthly legal invoices
- Assisting with global department-wide branding, communications & activities.
- Assist with other tasks & projects on an as-needed basis
- 1-3 years of experience as a legal assistant or paralegal in a fast-paced environment desired but entry-level candidates may be considered.
- Self-driven, organized individual who can work independently & can prioritize & manage multiple matters simultaneously in a fast-paced, entrepreneurial environment.
- Results-oriented, entrepreneurial, resourceful & strong ability to problem-solve & identify & resolve issues.
- Can-do-attitude. Enthusiastic. Optimistic, open, & objective toward others
- Drive for continuous improvement through persistence & outside the box thinking & for the better, faster & simpler ways of doing things.
- Strong communication (verbal & written), design, & presentation skills with the confidence to interface with executive level leadership. Extremely professional with excellent judgment & utmost discretion in handling highly sensitive & confidential matters.
- Comfort working with legal tools & technologies to provide internal support for day-to-day corporate transactions & operational needs.
- Proficiency with Google Apps, Microsoft Office & cloud-based storage (i.e., Box).
A plus if you have:
- Proficiency with agile project management tools, collaboration tools, end-to-end contract management databases & legal billing software (i.e., Jira, Confluence, Salesforce, SimpleLegal, respectively).
- Notary Public license and/or knowledge of foreign authentication & apostille process.
- Maintained & managed external legal spend.
- Interest in pursuing a career as a paralegal, contract manager, or continuing your education in law school.
Shutterstock (NYSE:SSTK), directly & through its group subsidiaries, is a leading global provider ofhigh-quality licensed photographs,vectors,illustrations,videosandmusicto businesses, marketing agencies & media organizations around the world. Working with its growing community of over 750,000 contributors, Shutterstock adds hundreds of thousands of images each week, & currently has more than 260 million images & more than 14 million video clips available.
Headquartered in New York City, Shutterstock has offices around the world & customers in more than 150 countries. The company also ownsBigstock, a value-oriented stock media offering; Shutterstock Custom,a custom content creation platform, Offset, ahigh-end image collection; PremiumBeat a curatedroyalty-free musiclibrary; & Shutterstock Editorial, a premier source ofeditorial imagesfor the world's media.
For more information, please visitwww.shutterstock.comand follow Shutterstock onTwitterand onFacebook.
Equal Opportunity Employer, M/F/D/V