SpaceX was founded under the belief that a future where humanity is out exploring the stars is fundamentally more exciting than one where we are not. Today SpaceX is actively developing the technologies to make this possible, with the ultimate goal of enabling human life on Mars.
SR. SOURCING SPECIALIST, INDIRECT PURCHASING (STARLINK)
As a member of the Starlink Supply Chain team you will support an elite group of engineers to source & activate custom tools critical to the production of the Starlink Satellite Constellation. Our team moves quickly & you must too. SpaceX has the unique ability & desire to influence & shape suppliers to be better with us as we challenge our supply chain on cost, quality & speed of execution. This roles scope will help develop the factory of the future
- Interpret engineering drawings & BOMs
- Create sourcing strategies for all COTS & custom hardware
- Develop a preferred supplier network & leverage it to minimize cost & lead time for the fabrication & delivery of SpaceX designed equipment & machinery
- Create sourcing strategies for assigned category to reduce risk & meet targets for the purchasing department including, but not limited to, payment terms, cash targets, & cost savings
- Support commodities include machined parts, weldments, automation/electromechanical equipment, large machining & blanchard grinding, finish processes, pneumatics, etc.
- Solve complex, open-ended problems with an emphasis on speed & efficiency
- Manage outsource fabrication projects including planning, coordinating with stakeholders, estimating completion, & manage vendor performance
- Perform onsite reviews of vendor capabilities
- Responsible for authoring of contract documents with the legal department
- Management of contracts ensuring performance of the supplier to contract obligations
- Understand interrelationships between contracts & terms while applying creativity & sound business reasoning to interpret application of contract to business needs
- Utilize negotiations to maximize value & cost savings benefit while lowering risk
- Place purchase orders & resolve blocked invoices related to assigned category
- Bachelors degree & 2+ years of experience working in a supply chain, production, or engineering function; or advanced degree; or 6+ years of experience working in a supply chain, production or engineering function
PREFERRED SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE:
- Minimum GPA of 3.2
- 3+ years of professional experience in procurement and/or planning
- Solid understanding of common manufacturing processes & machines including mills, lathes, waterjet, laser cutters, welding, sheet metal fabrication, etc.
- Familiar with common material finishes & coatings, including paint, powder coat, anodize, heat treatment etc.
- Ability to prioritize appropriately to meet internal customer & company needs
- Effective written & verbal communications skills, with strong ability to communicate to all levels of internal personnel
- Detail-oriented, self-motivated & able to respond quickly to a fast-moving & ever-changing environment
- Ability to conduct all activities with integrity & urgency
- Position may require long hours & weekend work when needed
- Position may require domestic travel up to 30%
- To conform to U.S. Government space technology export regulations, including the International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR) you must be a U.S. citizen, lawful permanent resident of the U.S., protected individual as defined by 8 U.S.C. 1324b(a)(3), or eligible to obtain the required authorizations from the U.S. Department of State. Learn more about the ITAR here.
SpaceX is an Equal Opportunity Employer; employment with SpaceX is governed on the basis of merit, competence & qualifications & will not be influenced in any manner by race, color, religion, gender, national origin/ethnicity, veteran status, disability status, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, mental or physical disability or any other legally protected status.
Applicants wishing to view a copy of SpaceXs Affirmative Action Plan for veterans & individuals with disabilities, or applicants requiring reasonable accommodation to the application/interview process should notify the Human Resources Department at (310) 363-6000.