Compass is building the first modern end-to-end real estate platform by integrating agents, buyers & sellers through technology. Until Compass, no one has achieved the blend of the Natural Intelligence that hundreds of thousands of enterprising real estate agents bring to this market, with the Artificial Intelligence that cloud, mobile & AI technologies enable. We are building AI to empower AI - Artificial Intelligence to empower Agent Intelligence.
As one of the fastest growing technology companies of our generation, in an industry larger than any other, we have an opportunity & obligation to build a world-class engineering team & the operating platform that will transform real estate. In 2019 we will triple the size of our engineering team & are searching for creative & inspiring colleagues to help build our New Ventures organization.
About the Role
The New Ventures engineering team is building the technology that drives new business lines at Compass. You will be building end-to-end platforms that deliver best-in-class experiences for agents & consumers on ancillary services & help agents & their clients discover & hire service providers across multiple verticals.
An engineering leader at Compass is respected by colleagues for your deep technical contributions to the industry, your ability to inspire & attract key talent, your passion for customers & the impact of your work, & your ability to deliver large scale engineering solutions with quality. You will be responsible for leading engineering teams to build industry-defining services & products, leveraging modern cloud technology, data & AI technologies, setting long term technical vision, & creating a culture of quality & continuous improvement.
At Compass You Will:
- Provide technical leadership to build, develop & scale our platform that powers ancillary services & marketplace offerings for real estate agents, buyers & sellers
- Identify business opportunities & define the technical vision for your team & the company
- Be a domain expert on marketplaces, workflow optimization, real estate technology & products & an empathetic partner to our customers
- Inspire, recruit & mentor a team of high performing engineers
- Develop a scalable engineering culture for hundreds of top talent engineers by leveraging modern principles of decoupled systems & automated CI/CD/testing/monitoring to drive efficiencies
What We Look For:
- Proven track record of building top talent & high-performance teams, directing multiple teams & engineering managers
- Experience managing large scale systems in rapid growth environments
- Experience with modern web frameworks (e.g. Go/React), distributed computing (e.g. Spark), public cloud platforms (e.g. AWS) & data pipelines
- Familiarity with containerization, microservices architecture, continuous integration & delivery
- Leadership on multiple well-known products throughout their life cycles, from idea conception to product release & maintenance
- Proven success in working with product, marketing, business, & operations divisions
- Examples of engineers for whom youve guided their technical & career progress
- BA/BS in Computer Science or equivalent practical experience, MS/PhD preferred
- Experience in early- & late-stage startups a plus
At Compass, our mission is to help everyone find their place in the world. This means we continually celebrate the diverse community different individuals cultivate. As an equal opportunity employer, we stay true to our mission by ensuring that our place can be anyones place.
Check out our Engineering blog!