BuzzFeed (Ticker: BZFD) is home to the best of the internet. Across food, news, pop culture & commerce, our brands drive conversation & inspire what audiences watch, read, buy, & obsess over next. Born on the internet in 2006, BuzzFeed is committed to making it better: providing trusted, quality, brand-safe news & entertainment to hundreds of millions of people; making content on the internet more inclusive, empathetic, & creative; & inspiring our audience to live better lives. We'll continue to recruit the best founders & creators to join us in this mission, with more additions like Complex Networks & HuffPost to come.
BuzzFeed is looking for an agile, self-starter to join a growing affiliate team. An ideal candidate will be able to manage a diverse suite of ongoing projects, communicate fluidly with client partners, lead with a solutions-driven mindset & have a strong attention to detail.
As a Senior Affiliate Manager, you will be responsible for managing routine partner management communications. The Senior Affiliate Manager coordinates partner correspondence & strategies, produces weekly reports for paid affiliate partner campaigns, & routinely surfaces optimization opportunities to both internal & external teams to ensure all business touchpoints are pacing strongly towards team goals.
This position can be based near our New York or LA offices.
- Serve as the primary point of contact for prospective & active paid affiliate partners
- Work alongside affiliate account managers to help build & maintain successful paid affiliate programming
- Partner with the BuzzFeed editorial team to identify areas for campaign optimization, new placements opportunities, & emerging partners of interest
- Manage an on-going editorial paid production schedule while also monitoring the success of paid partner programs once live
- Leverage learnings & insights from our paid & organic affiliate business to identify opportunities for new & existing brands whose performance signals potential for growth
- Assist sales team in external partner communications for campaigns including program strategy & pre-sale negotiations
- Work closely with affiliate & sales team leads to maintain prospecting pipelines for inbound partnerships, paid placements targets, & seasonal initiatives
- 4+ years of working experience within a management or client-facing role.
- Experience within a cross-functional role that touches affiliate, retail management, e-commerce management, consumer acquisition, merchandising, PR and/or editorial strategy.
- Have a general knowledge of media, publishing or e-commerce industries with application to publisher e-commerce business objectives; an ability to layer that knowledge to produce meaningful insights, counsel & planning for our partners business objectives
- A strong track record of executing successful collaborations across internal & external teams, with the purpose of achieving either client or internal business goals
- A consistent ability to multitask & work on complex, production extensive programs with proven success of driving new client acquisition, retention & growth
- A history of critical thinking with an ability to tackle unique programs & projects with a positive & problem solving mindset
- Experience with managing reports or report exports in excel; familiarity with google suite documents & programs
Life at BuzzFeed
We celebrate inclusion & are committed to equal opportunity employment. We are proud to be an equal opportunity workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to, & will not be discriminated against based on age, race, gender, color, religion, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, veteran status, disability or any other protected category.
You can expect:
- A supportive, inclusive atmosphere on a team that values your contributions
- Opportunities for personal & professional growth through work experience, offerings from our in-house Learning @ BuzzFeed team, our Employee Resource Groups, & more
- An attractive & equitable compensation package, including salary & stock options.
- A generous benefits program featuring paid time off, unlimited sick time, comprehensive medical benefits, a family leave policy, access to mental health platforms, retirement plans, gym & wellness discounts, & much more.
We want all employees to feel safe & comfortable when they engage in any in-person meetings, when visiting the office, or when working from an offsite production or meeting location. As part of this commitment to health & safety, BuzzFeed requires COVID-19 vaccines for current U.S. employees, including all newly hired employees. Requests for accommodation per applicable law for health and/or religious reasons will be considered. Union employees are subject to what is outlined in their applicable collective bargaining agreement.
Note: BuzzFeed offers remote/flexible work (unless specified to be required to be in-person) & open to hiring remote candidates who are residents in the following states: CA, CO, CT, DC, DE, FL, GA, HI, IL, KY, MA, MD, ME, MI, MN, MS, MT, NC, NH, NJ, NM, NY, OH, OR, PA, TX, VA, WA, & WV. For non sales roles, we can also hire in AK, AR, AZ, ID, KS, MO, ND, SC, & VT.