As the world's leader in digital payments technology, Visa's mission is to connect the world through the most creative, reliable & secure payment network - enabling individuals, businesses, & economies to thrive. Our advanced global processing network, VisaNet, provides secure & reliable payments around the world, & is capable of handling more than 65,000 transaction messages a second. The company's dedication to innovation drives the rapid growth of connected commerce on any device, & fuels the dream of a cashless future for everyone, everywhere. As the world moves from analog to digital, Visa is applying our brand, products, people, network & scale to reshape the future of commerce.
At Visa, your individuality fits right in. Working here gives you an opportunity to impact the world, invest in your career growth, & be part of an inclusive & diverse workplace. We are a global team of disruptors, trailblazers, innovators & risk-takers who are helping drive economic growth in even the most remote parts of the world, creatively moving the industry forward, & doing meaningful work that brings financial literacy & digital commerce to millions of unbanked & underserved consumers.
You're an Individual. We're the team for you. Together, let's transform the way the world pays.
The Merchant & Acquirer Processing team is going through transformation to converge our enterprise & small business platforms while maintaining our market leading position & strong brand reputation across these segments. As a Senior SoftwareEngineer, you will be integral part of this transformation & will be solving challenging business problems & buildhighly scalable & available applications that provide an excellent user experience.Here are key responsibilities of the role -
- Design, document & implement new systems, as well as enhancements & modifications to existing software with code that complies with design specifications & meets security & Java best practices.
- Interact with both business & technical stakeholders to deliver high quality products & services that meet business requirements & expectations while applying the latest available tools & technology
- Have a passion for delivering zero defect code & be responsible for ensuring the team's deliverables meet or exceed business expectations
- Identify opportunities for product innovation & strive for improvements to best practices, standards & processes
- Mentor junior developers to ensure deliverables are on time with good code quality
- Coordinate Continuous Integration activities, testing automation frameworksand other related items in addition to contributing core product code
- Present technical solutions, capabilities, considerations, & features in business terms.
- Effectively communicate status, issues, & risks in a precise & timely manner
- Bachelors Degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering or related technical field required.
- Expertise with the Java 8 platform or higher
- Expertise with Spring, Vertx or Akkaframeworks
- Development experience in building Microservices, specifically with HTTP, REST, JSON andXML.
- Experience with Relationalor NoSQL database
- Experience in React orAdvanced Java Script
- Experience in GIT, Maven, Jenkins or such build automation tools
- Strong analytical, problem solving & communication skills.
- Experience with Agile methodologies & iterative software development lifecycle principles
- Previous experience with financial services/payments processing experience a big plus