Complex Networks is a subsidiary of BuzzFeed
Complex Networks is a global youth entertainment network spanning major pop culture categories including streetwear & style, food, music, sneakers & sports. Complex Networks is diversified around three pillars: advertising, e-commerce, & content where it creates & distributes original programming for Gen Z & Millennial audiences through premium distributors such as Netflix, Hulu, Turner, Corus, Facebook, Snap, YouTube, Roku & more. Additionally, Complex Networks generates revenue through a number of core business lines, including branded content & advertising, licensing, events, e-commerce, & agency consulting services.
- Grow the Pigeons & Planes audience & impact across social media platforms
- Create social assets using templates provided by the design team
- Research music anniversaries, pegs, trivia, & news
- Prioritize the ideation & execution of original social content, plus promotion of Pigeons & Planes content & initiatives including editorial/video/audio, sponsored/branded, live events, & merch
- Work closely with Pigeons & Planes team on the development of new social ideas to grow brand awareness & audience engagement
- Work closely with Complex social team to align on priorities & create synergy across brands
- Work closely with external partners on social plans when necessary around initiatives like the Pigeons & Planes compilation album
- Maintain & update the monthly social calendar, schedule original social franchises, establish the cadence of engagement-driving content & key promotion campaigns
- Work with design/marketing teams to request social assets around features, merch drops, live events, & videos
- Execute audience-building initiatives on new platforms (e.g. Discord, TikTok, newsletter)
- Strategize around monetization opportunities on socials
- Build a strategy to reach a new audience of passionate music fans
- Track progress as it relates to audience growth & engagement, communicate with the rest of the team & adjust strategy accordingly
- Create & maintain tools/resources to better track news, interactions with talent, & overall community building for the P&P brand
- Deep knowledge of the current music landscape, with an emphasis on new & rising artists
- Strong familiarity with the Pigeons & Planes brand
- A deep understanding & fluency in all social media platforms. (Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, TikTok, Snapchat)
- Ideally 1-3 years of social media experience with a publisher, music entity, or brand
- Interest in exploring new community-building opportunities & platforms
- Passion for music discovery & storytelling
- Proficient writing & online research skills, attention to detail, & fact-checking skills
- Familiarity with Photoshop & basic graphic design
- Excellent organizational & time management skillsability to perform in a fast-paced, ever-evolving environment, & think quickly & strategically to meet tight deadlines
- Understanding of analytics & social media trends across platforms
- Extensive knowledge of internet culture & ability to drive audience & consumer action on social
BuzzFeed is the world's leading tech-powered, diversified media company that reaches hundreds of millions of people globally through its cross-platform news & entertainment network. The company produces articles, lists, quizzes, videos, & original series; lifestyle content through brands including Tasty, the worlds largest social food network; original reporting & investigative journalism through BuzzFeed News & HuffPost; an industry-leading affiliate business, strategic partnerships, licensing & product development through BuzzFeed Commerce; & original productions across broadcast, cable, SVOD, film & digital platforms for BuzzFeed Studios.
Life at BuzzFeed
We celebrate inclusion & are committed to equal opportunity employment. We are proud to be an equal opportunity workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to, & will not be discriminated against based on age, race, gender, color, religion, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, veteran status, disability or any other protected category.
You can expect:
- A supportive, inclusive atmosphere on a team that values your contributions
- Opportunities for personal & professional growth through work experience, offerings from our in-house Learning @ BuzzFeed team, our Employee Resource Groups, & more
- An attractive & equitable compensation package, including salary & stock options.
- A generous benefits program featuring paid time off, unlimited sick time, comprehensive medical benefits, a family leave policy, access to mental health platforms, retirement plans, gym & wellness discounts, & much more.
We want all employees to feel safe & comfortable when they engage in any in-person meetings, when visiting the office, or when working from an offsite production or meeting location. As part of this commitment to health & safety, BuzzFeed requires COVID-19 vaccines for current U.S. employees, including all newly hired employees. Requests for accommodation per applicable law for health and/or religious reasons will be considered. Union employees are subject to what is outlined in their applicable collective bargaining agreement.
Note: BuzzFeed offers remote/flexible work (unless specified to be required to be in-person) & open to hiring remote candidates who are residents in the following states: CA, CO, CT, DC, DE, FL, GA, HI, IL, KY, MA, MD, ME, MI, MN, MS, MT, NC, NH, NJ, NM, NY, OH, OR, PA, TX, VA, WA, & WV. For non sales roles, we can also hire in AK, AR, AZ, ID, KS, MO, ND, SC, & VT.