About Walmart US eCommerce
This Is That Place where opportunity knocks. Our Walmart eCommerce team is obsessed with finding ways to help our customers live better, raising the bar for an entire industry along the way. Youll play a crucial role in shaping the future of shopping, working with crazy talented people in an environment that values kindness & transparency. With the energy of a startup & the scale of the Fortune One, its the ultimate innovators playground. Are you hungry to own your career & catapult ideas into action? Read on.
About the job
The Advanced Analytics Specialist is responsible for ownership of enterprise level analysis & projects. They should have a strong understanding of how to construct analyses, statistical inference, & data cleaning/ETL. They will be creating highly impactful solutions & strategies to complex problems alongside a talented team in a collaborative & fast-paced environment. Must be able to influence key stake holders in cross functional teams & think beyond the scope of current capabilities, restraints or methodologies. This individual has the ability conceptualize & articulate the value of projects & initiatives for both the customer & the organization.
Challenges youll be tackling
- Working with stakeholders to identify problems within the business that can be solved.
- Applying advanced analytics & modeling to real-world problems
- Delivering actionable insights & recommendations in such areas of the business as profitability, assortment optimization, pricing, supply chain, marketing, customer acquisition, conversion & retention.
- Powering our decisions with massive sets of internal & third-party data
- Ensuring senior leaders understand the direction we need to go & empowering their teams to use this information tactically
- Understanding the value of any item in the market to Walmart, Jet, or any of our respective sites.
- Design workflows & tools that enhance the strategic initiatives of retail teams as it relates to assortment performance. Continually optimize data inputs & user interface design.
- Create executive level analysis & UI for business performance insight & call to action.
- Build ad hoc analyses to quickly inform critical business decisions.
- Lead efforts to understand opportunities that exist across the various methods in which Walmart can sell merchandise with the goal of exceeding internally established key performance metric goals.
- Create strategy, tactics, & tools for retail teams to optimize inventory investment productivity across the organization.
- Create & maintain knowledge centers for best practices relating to assortment management.
- Develop & maintain BI reports in Tableau, ThoughtSpot, & Looker for retail team.
- Document business & functional requirements, including data flow in MS Visio/Excel, business rules, & use cases/stories.
- Utilize companys data systems (MS SQL & Teradata) to analyze data to support or refute assumptions & answer questions for new requirements or ongoing support purpose.
- Establish metrics & reporting to optimize internal team workflows.
How youll know its right
- If you want to shape the future of e-commerce by working with one of the richest data sets in the world
- If you like distilling the signal from the noise, & helping others do the same
- If connecting the dots between high level strategy & tactical actions infects you
- If you want to lead projects & initiatives with creativity, enthusiasm & persistence
- If you like to continue to learn new tools & technologies
- If you want to be a part of one of the fastest growing e-commerce companies around where the only constant is change
- If helping implement your insights are as exciting as generating them
- Minimum3years of experience
- Experience quantitative analysis based on large amounts of data
- Proficient in SQL, R or Python, Excel
- Bachelors Degree in Economics, Finance, Math/Statistics, Engineering, Computer Science or related fields.
Bonus points for experience with
- Streaming products like Kafka, Spark
- R Shiny Applications & Plumber API
- Masters Degree in Business Analytics, Data Science or Computer Science
- Experience with large data sets & distributed computing (Hive/Hadoop)
- Consulting or Agency Experience
- eCommerce experience