Lets get to know each other
At Care/of, we help people remove obstacles to living a healthy life by delivering personalized, science-backed vitamins & protein straight to their door in convenient daily packs. As a fast-growing, venture-backed wellness startup, our technology makes it easy (and even fun) for people to get a custom vitamin & protein recommendation based on their diet & health goals goodbye, guesswork. We aim to help people feel empowered to make the right choices for their health by being transparent about the research behind our recommendations & thoughtful about the quality of our products.
Care/of launched in 2016 & is headquartered in New York City. To date, Care/of has raised over $42M from top investors including Goldman Sachs Investment Partners, Goodwater Capital, Tusk Ventures, RRE Capital, & Juxtapose.
The Fulfillment center engineering team at Care/of supports a Brooklyn based center that runs 24X6 fulfilling valuable vitamin orders for our customers. Fulfillment associates pack thousands of orders everyday & interact with touchscreens powered by Raspberry Pis. The engineering team is responsible for all software powering the fulfillment center.
What youll do:
At Care/of, youll impact revenue by writing high-quality software from inception to execution to deployment. Youll join a fast-moving team of software engineers who enjoy working on software & hardware (Raspberry Pis).
- Think of new ways to optimize & process order fulfillment to ensure on time delivery for our clients
- Work in various levels of the web, warehouse management system, UI development stacks using Ruby on Rails & Node.js
- Iterate quickly by minimizing the scope of work & delivering with the most appropriate solution
- Work from our Lower Manhattan office or from our fulfillment center in Brooklyn or in a distributed fashion, each with regular visits to our fulfillment center.
Who you are:
You have experience implementing OO principles & TDD, & are familiar with Docker, cloud based infrastructure, & CI/CD. You are enthusiastic about getting to learn new skills & information!
- 6+ years experience in designing, deploying applications at scale. Optimizing performance using metrics.
- A team player who is interested being a part of a highly functioning team whose success you value over individual achievements
Extra carrots :
- Experience working in Fulfillment center/Warehouse management software
- Solid understanding of software design principles
- DevOps experience, especially with Heroku, Gitlab, EC2, S3, Redshift, Segment
Even if you dont meet all the requirements, we still encourage you to apply! If youre submitting a cover letter, please note what makes you perfect for this role with the qualifications you have.
- Competitive salary + equity because youre part of the family.
- Competitive insurance packages with free medical, dental, vision plans. AKA the whole works.
- Unlimited vacation time because you deserve it.
- Flexible work schedule, including work from home for those days when youd rather work in your PJs.
- Wellness & commuter benefits (cycle class anyone?).
- Free vitamins & protein
- Guided in-office meditation sessions to take a little stress out of your day.
- Working with an amazing, fun-loving, spirited group of people.
Our commitment to you:
At Care/of, were committed to building the best team we can. This means we hire for potential & support every team member through each step of their career development. We strive to build a safe & inclusive place for our team to think differently & push the status quo, because we believe that building a diverse team allows us to do our best work & have a little fun too.
Care/of does not discriminate & will not make any hiring decisions based on your race, color, religion, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, age, military service eligibility, veteran status, marital status, disability, or any other protected class. If you have a disability & require accommodation during our interview process, please let us know how we can help make the interview process fair to your needs.