The biggest bottleneck in bringing new treatments to patients is the clinical trial. On average, getting a drug through the trial process takes nearly a decade & frequently costs $1B+. And the problem is only getting worse.
TrialSpark is a technology company that brings new medical treatments to patients faster. Were reimagining the clinical trial by introducing a new model, using technology to streamline every aspect of the trial. To fulfill our mission, we partner with pharma, biotech, & digital health companies to run studies faster & more efficiently.
About the position
The VP, Business Development is tasked with accelerating our mission by creating strategic partnerships that can leverage TrialSparks unique CRO & development capabilities. This may include the creation of drug development partnerships, JVs & completion of out-licensing deals with funding partners, including Aditum Bio.
You will identify, originate & pursue business opportunities, & collaborate with the Operations, Medical & Finance teams in drafting proposals, bid decisions & project management of larger strategic partnerships.
Duties include but are not limited to:
- Creating & originating new business development opportunities that leverage our CRO, clinical trials, & drug development capabilities.
- Sourcing assets: this includes identifying & originating drug assets from pharma companies that are off-strategy or do not have the peak sales potential to develop internally. Sourcing will also occur from platform companies in biotech, or academia.
- Leading the due diligence process: this includes managing the modelling of CRO revenue opportunity & timing, as key input to financial models, as well as coordinating overall due diligence across functions.
- Negotiating & closing transactions: this will include developing terms & conditions of the drug purchase/out-licensing, as well as the economic & governance terms of the NewCo & the drug development plan.
- Securing financing for assets.
- Other responsibilities include driving to successful & timely closure of deals & a smooth transition of the new asset to the NewCo management team so the development plan can be executed.
- Manage Partner Collaborations: manage the relationship with our external partners, interfacing with them in a way that projects the values of TrialSpark.
Required education & experience
- At least 7 years experience in BD&L in the pharmaceutical industry. Ideal candidate will have large pharma experience, as well as smaller biotech experience. Background in Biology or Medicine is an advantage. MBA preferred, but not required.
- Strong track record in sourcing, negotiating & closing transactions. Experience in exiting assets is important.
- Excellent negotiating skills: including deeply understanding the important points to the other side of the negotiation.
- Proven ability to work collaboratively internally & externally. Strong interpersonal skills is a key requirement.
- Results oriented & self-assured.
You will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status.