Stack Overflow is the largest, most trusted online community for developers to learn, share their knowledge, & build their careers. More than 50 million professional & aspiring programmers visit Stack Overflow each month to help solve coding problems, develop new skills, & find job opportunities.
We partner with businesses to help them understand, hire, engage, & enable the world's developers. The products & services are focused on technical recruiting, developer marketing, and enterprise knowledge sharing. Our clientele includes Google, Microsoft, Bloomberg, & many other Fortune 500 names.
As a Customer Success Manager (CSM) at Stack Overflow, youll work in tandem with multiple internal stakeholders to renew & grow business in our existing client base. The CSM can give strategic guidance & advice to customers of various sizes along various points of their customer journey. You want to be with a collaborative team where your experiences, effort & ideas will matter. Youre relaxed yet professional, eloquent yet casual, & pleasant yet persuasive. Most importantly, you want to believe in the product youre selling & take a personal interest in the growth of the organization.
What youll do:
- Strong awareness of the customer journey & how a Customer Success Manager serves to strategically advise customers toward agreed upon goals
- Be responsible for the expansion & adoption growth within a book of business across customer profiles with various business needs
- Engage & meet with customers both virtually & onsite in order to develop a clear understanding of their needs
- Coach & drive customers toward the maximum value application of Stack Overflow alongside their business needs, promoting methodologies & business practices that create customer experts
- Maintain high levels of customer engagement & satisfaction with a focus on customer value & loyalty
- Identify common customer challenges among your CSM cohort & their books of business to help identify opportunities for enhanced product solutions
- Partner cross-functionally with Stack Overflow Account Executive, Product, Engineering & Marketing teams to continuously improve the customer experience
- Ability to craft internal & customer-facing assets
- Help drive customer references & case studies
What you'll need to have:
- College degree (BA/BS)
- 5+ years of experience in a customer-facing customer success, account management or strategic consulting organization. SaaS experience a benefit.
- Passion for building trust & communicating effectively with customers
- Proactive, curious-minded & organized team player with innovative ideas to inspire customer engagement, loyalty & adoption.
- Strong interpersonal skills & experience building strong internal & external relationships
- Consistent track record of highly-professional customer service in a fast paced, dynamic environment
- Ability to prioritize & multitask while maintaining diplomacy, tact, & poise under pressure when working through customer issues
- Experience with tools such as Salesforce & Gainsight, is a plus
What youll get in return: