A Better company
We believe homeownership is valuable. Heres why: Not only has homeownership historically been one of the most reliable ways to build wealth, it also strengthens ties to community & contributes positively to overall well-being. The way the mortgage industry operates today makes it harder & harder for people to consider homeownership -- so we set out to change that. The traditional mortgage process is designed to confuse, riddled with unnecessary fees, takes too much time, & is built on a foundation of misaligned incentive structures. Its time Americans had a Better option.
A Better option is one that puts customers in control of the largest financial transaction of their lives. Its built with best-in-class technology, supported by non-commissioned staff, & offers affordable financing options that meet customers where they are.
In just over two years we funded over $2B in loans, raised $75M in capital, & won the NerdWallet Best Online Mortgage Lender for Customer Service & were just getting started.
Trying to modernize a decades old industry isn't easy, but it is supremely rewarding. Become part of a Better team.
A Better opportunity
Through the combined efforts of recruiting, human resources, & office management, the People Operations team works to create & foster a positive & productive employee experience. We take ownership of everything from the smallest details - like keeping the right snacks in stock - to the largest projects, such as structuring performance management, to make sure that every member of the team feels supported, positively challenged, & able to thrive at Better. We have fun, love what we do, & care deeply about building a Better workplace.
Better is looking for a technical recruiter who will join our talent acquisition team to focus on building out our product & engineering organizations. This person will partner with our hiring managers to build out creative talent strategies aimed at finding, attracting & closing top candidates. You will also function as an ambassador of Better, working with our internal team to develop external partnerships within the NYC tech community to represent Better.
Responsibilities will include:
- Thinking outside of the box to find talent at every opportunity
- Partnering with hiring managers on developing a strong candidate experience
- Developing creative, product & engineering-specific sourcing strategies
- Updating & managing our candidate pipeline via Greenhouse
- Sourcing candidates from various platforms
- Tailoring & posting job listings for open positions
- Owning candidate experience- guiding them through the hiring process
- Greeting, hosting, & selling candidates during onsite interviews
Attributes we value
- Remarkable organizational skills & relentless drive to improve efficiency
- Strong verbal & written communication skills
- High personal integrity
- Bachelors degree required
- Experience working in a start-up and/or fast-paced environment
- 4-6 years of experience working with & recruiting engineers/ highly technical roles