BuzzFeed (Ticker: BZFD) is home to the best of the internet. Across food, news, pop culture & commerce, our brands drive conversation & inspire what audiences watch, read, buy, & obsess over next. Born on the internet in 2006, BuzzFeed is committed to making it better: providing trusted, quality, brand-safe news & entertainment to hundreds of millions of people; making content on the internet more inclusive, empathetic, & creative; & inspiring our audience to live better lives. We'll continue to recruit the best founders & creators to join us in this mission, with more additions like Complex Networks & HuffPost to come.
- Collaborate with Post Production Supervisors to oversee daily tasks
- Track & manage Post Production schedules + resources
- Oversee that Post Production workflow is followed over multiple projects, simultaneously
- Ensure all media assets are delivered on time & to spec
- Verify legal clearances & platform standards are upheld
- Quality Control for all final assets
- Organize Post Production comms across departments
- Facilitate communication between Creative Producers & Video Editors & Assistants
- Identify problem areas quickly & pose creative solutions
- Manage administrative paperwork for (NDAs, POs, & freelance timecards)
- Successfully complete daily tasks, while keeping the bigger picture in mind
- Education or relevant experience in Film, Communication + Media or related field
- At least 2-4 years experience working in the digital media space
- Flexibility to adapt with changing timelines & deliverables
- Working knowledge of Post Production & Production process & equipment
- Proficient in Project Management tools (Float & Airtable are a plus!)
- Familiarity with codecs, image types, resolutions, frame rates as they pertain to digital media trends
- Experience with Mac OS & Adobe Creative Cloud apps including Premiere Pro, Photoshop, Illustrator, Media Encoder & After Effects
- Willingness to learn & evolve within a team environment
- Inspired to learn more about the technical side of Post Production
- Emphasis on organization & attention to detail
- Proactive, & Positive team player
- Ability to guide projects from end to end independently
- Knowledgeable of current social media & digital video platforms
Life at BuzzFeed
We celebrate inclusion & are committed to equal opportunity employment. We are proud to be an equal opportunity workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to, & will not be discriminated against based on age, race, gender, color, religion, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, veteran status, disability or any other protected category.
You can expect:
- A supportive, inclusive atmosphere on a team that values your contributions
- Opportunities for personal & professional growth through work experience, offerings from our in-house Learning @ BuzzFeed team, our Employee Resource Groups, & more
- An attractive & equitable compensation package, including salary & stock options.
- A generous benefits program featuring paid time off, unlimited sick time, comprehensive medical benefits, a family leave policy, access to mental health platforms, retirement plans, gym & wellness discounts, & much more.
We want all employees to feel safe & comfortable when they engage in any in-person meetings, when visiting the office, or when working from an offsite production or meeting location. As part of this commitment to health & safety, BuzzFeed requires COVID-19 vaccines for current U.S. employees, including all newly hired employees. Requests for accommodation per applicable law for health and/or religious reasons will be considered. Union employees are subject to what is outlined in their applicable collective bargaining agreement.
Note: BuzzFeed offers remote/flexible work (unless specified to be required to be in-person) & open to hiring remote candidates who are residents in the following states: CA, CO, CT, DC, DE, FL, GA, HI, IL, IN, KY, MA, MD, MI, MS, MT, NC, NH, NJ, NM, NY, OH, OR, PA, TX, VA, WA, & WV. For non sales roles, we can also hire in AK, AR, AZ, ID, KS, MO, ND, SC, & VT.