Skillz is the leading mobile games platform connecting players in fair, fun, & meaningful competition.
The gaming industry is larger than movies, music, & books, with more than 2.7 billion gamers playing monthly & 10 million developers worldwide. Mobile is the fastest-growing segment of the gaming market, expected to increase from $77 billion in 2020 to $150 billion in 2025.
As the first publicly-traded (NYSE: SLZ) mobile esports platform, Skillz has pioneered the future of the gaming industry. The Skillz platform helps developers build multi-million dollar franchises by enabling social competition in their games. Leveraging its patented technology, Skillz hosts billions of casual esports tournaments for millions of mobile players worldwide, & distributes millions in prizes each month.
Through its philanthropic initiatives, Skillz has harnessed the power of its platform to transform the way nonprofits engage with donors, enabling anyone with a mobile device to support causes such as the American Red Cross, Susan G. Komen, American Cancer Society, & NAACP by playing in Skillz tournaments.
Skillz has also earned recognition as one of Fast Companys Most Innovative Companies, a two-time winner of CNBCs Disruptor 50, one of Forbes Next Billion-Dollar Startups, & the #1 fastest-growing company in America on the 5000.
What Were Looking For:
The ideal candidate must have experience with developing insight-led marketing programs for a developer audience across paid, owned & earned channels, including, but not exclusive to, digital & social campaigns, large-scale events, partnerships, marketing collateral, case studies, webinars & engaging video content. A background in software development, game publishing, or developer evangelism is preferred. Were looking for a candidate who brings an entrepreneurial spirit, an eagerness to learn & lead, & must be comfortable with ambiguity as the Skillz API evolves, grows, & leads the industry in providing developers with a new way to share their art with the world.
What You Will Do:
- Define & execute the marketing strategy to reach & persuade first & third-party developers of the benefits of building & showcasing their art on the Skillz API.
- Work closely with internal partners on how to grow Skillzs participation from the developer community.
- Design & deliver global business marketing campaigns for developers, identifying relevant audiences, prioritizing the right channels to reach them & developing the right advertising content to persuade them. Channels are likely to include digital media, developer forums, events, trade publications, industry bodies/networks among others
- Be a subject-matter expert on the Skillz developer audience, work with the functional teams within Skillz for sales, operations, product marketing, & integrated marketing to share insights & best practices
- Maintain a clear understanding of product features & how they impact developers & the businesses they build for. Partner with product marketing to define relevant messaging, & produce the technical tools & educational materials necessary to create an amazing developer experience as the feature set evolves
- Maintain & update central source of truth for developer documentation & collateral, including narratives & playbooks to help them learn & implement best practices. Integrate Skillzs business API into internal events & webinars to educate & inspire developers
- Own KPI definition for developers, including tracking initiative ROI & providing analyses to leadership & stakeholders
- 10+ years of work experience in software development, developer marketing or developer evangelism
- Experience in defining & implementing cross-channel marketing strategy
- Experience developing scaled digital marketing campaigns targeted at technical audiences
- Presentation & communication excellence
- Experience thriving in a fast-paced, unpredictable environment
- Experience building a developer marketing program from the ground up
- Experience in evangelism, education or other public-facing technical roles
- A strong track record of presenting & teaching highly technical topics to varied stakeholders
Skillz embraces diversity & is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. As part of our commitment to diversifying our workforce, we do not discriminate on the basis of age, race, sex, gender, gender identity, color, religion, national origin, sexual orientation, marital status, citizenship, veteran status, or disability status, & we operate in compliance with the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.